1. Knowledge in cooking and mixing sushi rice.
2. Make sauces daily according to recipes given.
3. Must know how to fillet, clean and dry fish and shellfish.
4. Make sure that all sushi bar stations, refrigerators, freezers, walk-in coolers and sushi speed racks are organized, clean and sanitized according to US Public Health Department standards.
5. Replace ice in ice box for new fish that comes in on a daily basis.
6. Knowledge in Japanese fish and sushi products.
7. Always follow the "First In, First Out" rule daily.
8. Knowledge in preparing sushi and sashimi presentations.
9. Have the creative ability to produce specials and possess the skills to accomplish any task given by the Sushi Chef.
10. Follow all house rules and maintain a positive attitude at all times.
11. Attend training and communication meetings.
12. Perform additional duties as assigned.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations:
• Prepares menu items as needed for member or guest service.
• A minimum of two years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
• Experience in all aspects of food preparation.
• Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations
• Must be fully competent on sushi station.
• Must be able to expedite a la carte orders or work flow assignments effectively in the absence of the Managers on duty.
• Fully understand the importance of and have the ability to utilize standard recipe cards and plating guides.
• Outdoor with exposure to the extreme weather elements.
• Occasional use of sharp and hot equipment.
• Fast pace with high volume