Providence is calling a Teacher Assistant (0.0 FTE, Days) to the Providence Wee Care Child Center in Portland, OR.
The on-call Teacher Assitant role is "as needed," meaning that caregivers will have the ability to sign up for shifts of up to 40 hours/wk. Shifts can start as early as 6:30am and run as late as 6:30pm. The Providence Wee Care Child Center is open Monday - Friday.
Looking to grow and don't want to be on-call forever? This Substitute and support position can lead to advancement to a regularly scheduled, benefitted position.
Apprehensive about working in the child center with the pandemic? Our program operates based on OHA (Oregon Health Authority) standards and provides PPE for all caregivers to keep you, and those we support every day, safe!
Our on-call Teacher Assistants provide a safe and secure environment that provides developmental activities for a child's social, emotional, physical and intellectual growth. The person filling this position is directly involved in the physical care of children including feeding and changing of diapers/clothing and the maintenance of a clean and orderly environment.
- Involved in direct physical care of children including feeding and changing of diapers/clothing.
- Relates to children in a positive, respectful and nurturing manner.
- Assists the teacher in implementation of activities and classroom management of the children as outlined by the teacher.
- Assists the teacher in maintaining a clean, orderly and stimulating physical environment as outlined by the teacher.
- Serves as the teacher when the teacher is absent following written plans provided by teacher or lead teacher.
- Refers any questions from parents regarding disciplinary issues or concerns to the teacher.
- Reports any unusual occurrences to the teacher, lead teacher or director.
- Performs all duties in a timely manner to assure quality care and service excellence.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year Direct qualified child care experience in a licensed child care center with infants/toddlers (6 weeks to 36 months) or preschool children (36 months to 5 years).
- In compliance with the Oregon Child Care Division, Central Background Registry is needed for this position.
- Must have no convictions related to child abuse, offenses against persons, sexual offenses, child neglect, felony offenses involving controlled substances or any other offenses bearing substantial relation to the qualifications, functions or duties of an employee of a child care facility.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Qualified coursework/Training Or equivalent education/experience
- Basic Life Support (BLS)/Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or First Aid/CPR.
- Food Handler Card.
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.