Gryphon Technologies, Inc. (Gryphon) is a premier engineering and technical services provider supporting National Security programs. Gryphon is the federal Government’s partner working in support of mission critical systems in every phase of their lifecycle. We are proud of our ability to help shape tomorrow, while ensuring today’s U.S. and coalition forces can carry out their critical missions and tasks.
Gryphon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We provide administrative, programmatic, systems engineering, research, scientific, and operational support services to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Office. As part of its mission, the CWMD Office operates several Mobile Detection Deployment Units (MDDUs). MDDUs are a surge asset designed to supplement Federal and State partners’ and first responders’ existing CBRN detection and reporting capabilities in support of national and other special security events.Gryphon Technologies has opportunities for Mobile Detection Deployment Program On-Site Part Time Staff for its Mobile Deployment Detection Units (MDDUs) located in one of six locations: Mobile, AL; Novato, CA; Burlington County, NJ (Fort Dix); Midwest Region (Indianapolis, IN area)Port of Portland, OR; Washington, DC (Joint Base Andrews)
Duties will include but are not limited to the following
- Provide part-time back-up support to On-Site Lead and On-Site Equipment Custodian.
- Initiate, organize and report on all MDDU program planning and management taskings.
- Coordinate, initiate and track the progress of deployments of the assigned MDDU(s) or equipment.
- Ensure MDDU equipment is repaired, calibrated, and maintained in a ready state for deployment 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
- Provide just-in-time training on MDDU deployed equipment, as needed, to stakeholders at MDDU events.
- Ensure completion of After Action Reports (AAR) at the conclusion of MDDU deployments.
- Provide coverage during standard and non-standard hours of business to include weekends and Holidays when necessary.
- Provide status updates to the DHS CWMD MDDU PM.
Travel is not anticipated to exceed 50% per month; however, personnel must be able to travel within the contiguous United States and US territories up to 75% per month to support program needs. All travel on a pre-approved basis.
- Experienced in chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) detection with emphasis on R/N detection.
- 5 years relevant experience in R/N detection training and supporting preventive R/N detection mission operations at special events or during steady state operations where R/N detection is regularly employed. Event support can also include but not limited to demonstrations, training, and exercises at Department of Homeland Security Special Event Assessment Rated (SEAR) Events or National Security Special Events (NSSE).
- Knowledgeable in using the following types of representative R/N detection equipment: Personal Radiation Detectors (PRD) (Spectroscopic/Non-Spectroscopic; Human Portable Radiation Detection Backpacks; Radiological Isotope Identification Device (RIID) (High-Res/Low-Res); Mobile Radiation Detection Systems; Auxiliary Equipment: Radios, Radioactive Material Sources.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, equivalent experience may be substituted
- This position requires a Secret clearance and DHS Suitability.
- Both processes can be initiated at time of hire; however, actual start of work cannot begin until both are obtained. These required investigations may take several weeks.
- Able to perform minor maintenance upkeep to include battery replacement or adjusting settings, as well as able to complete multi-step troubleshooting efforts that may require interactions with vendor.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
- Excellent verbal and communications skills to include completing Daily Situation Reports, After Action Reports, Monthly Reports
- Proficient in the use of computers, A/V equipment, Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Prior training per 49 CFR 172.704 (HAZMAT Training) is highly desired but not required for initial hire
- Biological and/or chemical detection experience is highly desired but not required for initial hire.
- Radiation Worker training and experience working with radioactive materials.
- Prior experience driving 2500 Dual Pick-up with fifth wheel trailer desired but not required for initial hire.
- Prior experience with DHS CWMD Fleet requirements desired but not required for initial hire.
One must have good written communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, analytical, mathematical, and organizational skills. Ability to follow directions is a must. Applicants must be able to work well alone and as part of a team. A Security Clearance or the ability to obtain one will be required. U.S. Citizenship required.