American Cruise Lines, the world’s leading small ship cruise line, is adding to its team of Onboard Guest Speakers and is looking for passionate individuals to enhance the onboard experience. Discover the best of America and the country’s most beautiful waterways while visiting the unique cities and towns along the way. American Cruise Lines’ passengers are well-traveled individuals looking for a destination-focused adventure, where they will have the opportunity to explore the history, culture and natural scenery of each unique port visited.The Guest Speaker plays a key role in the passenger experience and is imperative in delivering a pleasant and enjoyable cruise for our passengers’ thorough educational presentations and talks.
This is a great opportunity for recently retired individuals such as teachers and university professors. Successful candidates will be knowledgeable about the geography, ecology, history, etc of the cruise itinerary and ports of call. Guest speakers will be friendly with an outgoing personality and have experience in adult education and leading group tours.
- On a typical 7-night, 8-day cruise there will be 4 to 6 onboard lectures
- Lectures will last approximately 20 to 45 minutes.
- Material covered will be relevant to the current cruise and topics will include rivers waterways, ports of call, History, Culture, flora, fauna etc.
- Informal chats, preludes and activities will be scheduled throughout the week and are in addition to onboard lectures
Speakers will make an effort to dine with all guests onboard throughout the course of the week.
- Speakers will escort guests on shore excursions and will provide commentary when necessary.
- Additional commentary and walking tours led by the Onboard Guest Speaker will be scheduled as needed.
- While sailing during the day, Speakers will provide commentary in the ships lounge, on the top deck, and in other area’s of the ship as needed.
- Speakers will be available to answer questions and address passengers regarding points of interest.
American Cruise Lines operates the world’s newest fleet of cruise ships and is the leader in the small, luxury cruising market offering 7, 10, and 14 night cruises to destinations all across America including the Mississippi River and Alaska.