At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
This position is responsible and accountable for the effective project management to implement all new and existing business along with implementing process solutions of all levels of complexity into Delta Dentals’ systems and processes for the line of business. Responsibilities include collaborating with the business lines, developing and executing project plans that embrace best practices, change management, quality management, effective communication plans, requirements management, and securing all necessary resources needed to achieve the project objectives.
How you will make an impact:
- Acts as key partner to the line of business: understands strategic goals, customer needs and business objectives; acts as liaison between the line of business and Sales Shared Services and cross-functional partners involved in implementation.
- Plans, documents and executes all phases of the project lifecycle, including scope management, requirements management, work breakdown schedule and timeline management, priority and dependency management, and the assignment of roles and responsibilities.
- Performs risk management to minimize project risks.
- Develops detailed work breakdown schedules, project estimates, and resource plans that support scope.
- Develops comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members.
- Conducts and facilitates effective project meetings, including issue tracking, status reports, and executive communications.
- Ensures problems are effectively escalated and crisis management activated, as needed.
- Manages changes to the project scope and project schedule.
- Acts as an advocate for the business, by providing first class service through expert development of the project management discipline.
- Lends subject matter expertise and knowledge management to the project team and stakeholders and ensures customer satisfaction through quality and timely product delivery.
- Promotes change, process, and best practices to both the business and technical team members, providing training for the project management discipline.
- Leads the project team on development efforts and lends both functional and technical system-specific knowledge throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provides advice and guidance to less experienced staff and assists in resolving escalated complex issues/problems, as needed.
- May attend in person finalist presentations and represents implementation.
- May lead in person implementation kick off meetings with external clients and brokers.
- Leads implementation kick off meetings with cross-functional partners.
- Uses and continually develop leadership skills.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
What we look for:
- A Bachelor’s degree preferred. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of 6 years related experience.
- 2+years demonstrated experience leading onboarding projects.
- PMP Certification would be preferred but not required.
- Ability to understand customer needs.
- Detail orientation and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong Presentation Skills.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills to evaluate business processes and recommend effective solutions.
- Advanced organizational/time management and project management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Advanced knowledge of project development life cycle, including the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple complex projects and cost analysis.
- Knowledge of Delta Dental products, policies, claims, eligibility and underwriting guidelines.
- Ability to coordinate issues between internal and external clients and the development teams.
- Ability to identify non-standards and foster creative solutions.
- Expert knowledge of project development life cycles, including the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills to lead the project team.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. As an employee you’ll take part in our mission to become the trusted health partner by collaborating with our communities and employees to reimagine and deliver new possibilities in an ever-changing environment. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation/paid time off
- Professional Development
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance