Founded in 2007, The Oncology Institute of Hope and Innovation (TOI) is the largest community oncology practice on the west coast, and the nation’s leading value-based oncology services platform. TOI employs 75 physicians and mid-levels in 39 clinic locations, with more than 500 total employees helping to deliver cutting edge, evidence-based cancer care to a population of over 1 million patients. TOI is headquartered in Cerritos, CA, and serves patients throughout California, Arizona, and Nevada.
TOI brings comprehensive, integrated cancer care into community settings, offering patients modern infusion centers, chemotherapy educational sessions, in-house support groups, dietary and nutritional counselling, in-house pharmacy, financial counseling, comprehensive lab testing, advanced care planning, and end-of-life counseling.
TOI’s size and scope allow it to serve patients in ways most community-based oncology practices cannot. TOI’s distinctive capabilities include Clinical Trials, Palliative Care programs, Stem Cell Transplants, Transfusions, and other care delivery models more traditionally associated with tertiary care settings. TOI contracts with health plans, health systems, governmental agencies, and medical groups on an at-risk basis, taking accountability for the medical costs and the health outcomes of its patient population.
TOI is seeking a Board Certified Oncologist to provide consultation and follow up visits for hematology and oncology patients in the community hospital setting.
- Opportunity to work with colleagues in different specialties, residents, and coordinate care with other oncologists in a collaborative team approach
- Part time or full time positions available
- Weekday coverage is expected, weekends are optional
- Flexible hours
- All hospital privilege costs will be covered
- Competitive daily rates
All hospital patients have an admitting physician. Requirements are only for consultation services. Patient discharge arrangements will be coordinated with one of the outpatient oncology providers.
- Medical degree
- Completion of an accredited residency program
- Completion of Medical Oncology/Hematology fellowship
- Licensed for the practice of medicine in the state of California
- Board certified/eligible in Oncology/Hematology
- Provide superior, compassionate and state-of-the-art medical care to our patients
- Ensure patients receive comprehensive and realistic treatment goals that are tailored to their unique needs
The Oncology Institute of Hope and Innovation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Employment Type: Full Time