DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
At Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at St. David’s, we believe deeply in making a difference in our patients' lives. As part of the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Network, we offer patients convenient, community-based access to complex blood cancer care including bone marrow transplant (BMT), clinical trials and innovative therapies such as CAR T-Cell therapy. The Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Network brings together physician-led blood cancer programs across the United States and United Kingdom and is one of the largest providers of BMT. In fact, it conducts more than 1,000 transplants annually through six FACT accredited transplant centers and has performed more than 14,000 transplants since inception of its first program. Does this sound exciting? Our staff would love to talk to you about it.
This is a BMT/Surgical Oncology unit that will be providing care to Bone Marrow transplant, general Oncology, and Surgical Oncology patients. The surgeries that include but are not limited to the following: Whipple, Colon Resection, Ileostomies, Liver Resection, Small bowel Resection, and HIPEC.
- Chemotherapy/Biotherapy administration and management, including investigational protocols
- Transfusion of blood, platelets and fresh frozen plasma
- Management of patients with radiation implants, central venous access devices and spinal drains
- Bone marrow biopsy and aspiration
- Thoracentesis and paracentesis
- Epidural and intrathecal analgesia
- Management of toxicities r/t chemotherapy/biotherapy/radiation therapy and neutropenia/ thrombocytopenia/ anemia
- Antibiotic/Medication therapies
- Autologous and Allogeneic Blood and Marrow Transplant
- Bone marrow harvest recovery
- Pain Management and telemetry monitoring
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
- You should have a Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program
- If you have a BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing that is helpful
- You should also have a current Registered Nurse License in this state
- If you are an exceptional Med/Surg RN with a desire to develop your skill set, enhance your critical thinking skills, and be inspired by your patients every day, please apply. We will train you to be your best.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.