Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to become part of a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you use your laboratory skills while continuing to learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.
NeoGenomics is looking for an Oncology Information Scientist I who wants to continue to learn in order to allow our company to grow.
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
NeoGenomics Laboratories is comprised of a national team of experts in developing and delivering laboratory diagnostic and clinical trial services with a focus in cancer. Together, we work to solve the medical, scientific, and logistical challenges of making precise diagnoses, aiding in bringing new therapies to market and finding the unusual hallmarks of each patient’s disease that point the way to proper treatment.
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
In this role you would apply your training and experience in researching scientific literature and publicly available data to provide the state of the science of oncology biomarker identification and utility. This position requires you to identify, read, synthesize, and summarize scientific literature, clinical trials, and news from sources including PubMed, clinicaltrials.gov, FDA, corporate press releases, financial analyst reports, etc. The position reports to the Director of Scientific Affairs.
- Perform ongoing literature review to update and maintain a database with new procedures, research, cancer therapies, clinical trials, and related competitive intelligence.
- Interpret, evaluate, synthesize, and summarize scientific research and other secondary source material into accurate, clear, and concise clinical insights for key internal and external audiences in a timely manner according to SOP.
- Ability to work independently to evaluate clinical data for abstract and manuscript preparation for submission to peer-reviewed journals and conferences.
- MS in molecular biology, structural biology, biophysics, protein science, biochemistry, or a related discipline. PhD preferred.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum two (2) years of directly relevant experience in molecular biology, oncology literature research, clinical trials, therapeutics, and/or biomarkers.
- Demonstrated proficiency in data management, preparation of summary statements, and competitive intelligence deliverables.
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills with keen attention to detail.
- The ability to embrace accountability for deliverables under tight deadlines, to think creatively and critically, to work independently, and to manage multiple projects in parallel. Prior experience demonstrating this skill is required.