Position SummaryTexas Oncology is looking for an Infusion Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team! This position is for the Beaumont Mamie McFadden location, one of the 175+ sites we have across the state of Texas and southeastern Oklahoma. This position in Monday – Friday 8a – 5p with no weekends, call, or major holidays. Our founders pioneered community-based cancer care because they believed in making the best available cancer care accessible to all communities, allowing people to fight cancer at home with the critical support of family and friends nearby. Our mission is still the same today—at Texas Oncology, we use leading-edge technology and research to deliver high-quality, high-touch, evidence-based cancer care to help our patients achieve “More breakthroughs. More victories.” ® in their fight against cancer.
Why work for us?
One reason to join our team is because we offer our employees a competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability coverage, a 401-k plan that comes with a company match, a Wellness program that rewards you just for tracking your steps, and lots of other great perks such as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Assistance program and discounts on some of your favorite retailers.
The ideal candidate for the Infusion Registered Nurse (RN) will have the following background and experience:
- Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing education, BSN preferred
- Minimum of 3 years nursing experience, preferably in an oncology environment
- Current or pending Oncology certification preferred
- OCN preferred
- Experience and knowledge of the purpose and use of medications in the treatment of cancer is preferred
- Current RN state license with the State Board of Nursing in practicing state
- Current CPR certification required
What does the Infusion Registered Nurse (RN) do?
Under general supervision, the Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional nursing care for patients adhering to national and company standards and guidelines for specialty regulations; must recognize physical, psychological, and spiritual aspects of care and participates in companywide quality initiatives; supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
The essential duties and responsibilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge of age specific differences in the patient population including physiological and developmental differences unique to each group.
- Assess and monitors therapy of patients using appropriate technical skills under the direction and supervision of a physician.
- Assists physician with exams and procedures.
- Maintains efficient and appropriate patient flow.
- Demonstrates knowledge of reimbursement procedures and charge capture.
- Performs venipuncture, accesses implanted ports and maintains central venous access devices and alternate delivering systems.
- Documents all elements of care.
- Communicates all pertinent information and any interventions to the physician or mid-level provider.
- Serves as a resource person to the medical assistants and LPNs.
- Triages patient/family phone calls as needed and documents relevant information in the patient's chart.
- Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching.
- Demonstrates awareness of community resources available to patients and assists with referrals if necessary.
- Provides nursing coverage for the satellite offices as needed.
- Follows OSHA guidelines when handling cytotoxic agents, biohazardous waste and any other material potentially infected with a blood borne pathogen.
- Maintains current knowledge of oncology nursing by participating in ongoing educational opportunities.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintain professional affiliations.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Serves as mentor/preceptor and provides day to day guidance to less experienced nurses.
Texas Oncology is part of the US Oncology Network and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.