Looking for a chance to drive measurable and meaningful improvement in the use of evidence - based medicine, patient safety, practice variation and affordability? You can make a difference at UnitedHealth Group and our family of businesses in serving our Medicare, Medicaid and commercial members and plan sponsors. Be part of changing the way health care is delivered while working with a Fortune 6 industry leader. Transforming health care and millions of lives starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring. Find out more and join us. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Optum Oncology Medical Director will provide utilization review determinations and support case and disease management teams to achieve optimal clinical outcomes.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Perform utilization review determinations for oncology populations, and support case and disease management teams to achieve optimal clinical outcomes
- Serve as a subject matter expert in evidence - based oncology guidelines, especially those produced by the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN), and help ensure all clinical relevant policies and processes are informed by the best available evidence
- Engage and collaborate with treating providers telephonically; This will include discussion of evidence-based guidelines, opportunities to close clinical quality / service gaps, and care plan changes that can impact health care expense
- Enhance clinical expertise of the Oncology team through education sessions with nursing teams, and serving as a thought leader and point of contact for relevant medical societies and stakeholders
- Evaluate clinical and other data (e.g., quality metrics, claims and health record data, utilization data) to identify opportunities for improvement of clinical care and processes
- Collaborate with operational and business partners on enterprise-wide research and clinical and quality initiatives to enhance Optum impact in the oncology field
At Optum, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi - faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- MD or DO with an active, unrestricted medical license
- Current Board Certification in an ABMS or AOBMS specialty in Oncology
- 5+ years of clinical practice experience (inclusive of Oncology)
- Demonstrated accomplishments in the areas of medical care delivery systems, utilization management, case management, disease management, quality management, product development, and/or peer review
- Experience working with NCCN guidelines
- Experience in managed care and quality management
Careerswith Optum. Here'sthe idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make thehealth system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use theworld's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health andlifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal isto leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of theUnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatestminds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reachits fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teamsagainst sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in oneincredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's bestwork.(sm)
*AllTelecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s TelecommuterPolicy.
Diversity creates ahealthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal EmploymentOpportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants willreceive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexualorientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, geneticinformation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass adrug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Oncology, Medical, Physician, MD, Telecommute, Managed Care