A Line Staffing Solutions is now hiring a Registered Nurse - Oncology, position in the Fort Worth TX 76104 area.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse (RN) with at least two years' experience.
Hours are Monday-Friday 8am or 8:30am to 5pm or 5:30pm.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your updated resume.
Registered Nurse Qualifications:
- Registered Nurse License active and unrestricted in the state of TX.
- BSN is preferred, but not required.
- 2-3 years’ experience, preferably in an oncology environment.
- Experience in Infusion of Chemotherapy and Bio therapy treatments requiring excellent IV skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general supervision, provides professional nursing care for patients adhering to national and company standards and guidelines for specialty regulations.
- Must recognize physical, psychological, and spiritual aspects of care and participates in company wide quality initiatives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of age specific differences in the patient population including physiological and developmental differences unique to each group.
- Assess and monitors therapy of patients using appropriate technical skills under the direction and supervision of a physician.
- Assists physician with exams and procedures.
- Maintains efficient and appropriate patient flow.
- Demonstrates knowledge of reimbursement procedures and charge capture.
- Performs venipuncture, accesses implanted ports and maintains central venous access devices and alternate delivering systems.
- Documents all elements of care.
- Communicates all pertinent information and any interventions to the physician or mid-level provider.
- Serves as a resource person to the medical assistants and LPNs.
- Triage patient/family phone calls as needed and documents relevant information in the patient’s chart.
- Assesses patient/family needs and provides teaching.
- Demonstrates awareness of community resources available to patients and assists with referrals if necessary.
- Provides nursing coverage for the satellite offices as needed.
- Follows OSHA guidelines when handling cytotoxic agents, bio-hazardous waste and any other material potentially infected with a blood borne pathogen.
- Maintains current knowledge of oncology nursing by participating in ongoing educational opportunities.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintain professional affiliations.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
Key words: BSN, Oncology, Vein, Triage, Registered Nurse, RN, Venupuncture, Infusion