We are looking for an Oncology Resource Registered Nurse Registered Nurses (ORN) to join our Adult Surgical Oncology Progressive Care team at Baptist Medical Center in Jacksonville, FL. This unit typically has a 4:1 nurse to patient ratio and is accountable for providing care to post-surgical oncology patients, adult and geriatric alike, who require advanced care. As an Oncology Resource Registered Nurse for the Adult Surgical Oncology PCU, you will:
- Assess learning needs of oncology staff, patient/staff rounding,
- Assist with discharge chemotherapy teaching
- Work with Oncology Educator & Nurse Managers to coordinate preceptorship and new hire orientation
- Coordinate resource library, provide monthly journal clubs
- Hands on resource for oncology team & the administration of chemo/biotherapy
- Maintain HealthStream education programs for Oncology.
If you would like to join a highly recognized and awarded team, at a Magnet designated hospital, apply today!
- Over 5 years Oncology Nursing Experience
- 2 years Leadership Experience
- Customer Service Experience
- Hospital Experience
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Licensed Registered Nurse
For more than 20 years, health care consumers have named Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville as the "most preferred healthcare provider" in the region. As the central hub of the Baptist Health system, Baptist Jacksonville provides the highest level of medical and surgical care using the latest technologies, such as the robotic-assisted da Vinci™ Surgical System. Centrally located on the beautiful St. Johns River in downtown Jacksonville, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is Baptist Health's flagship tertiary-care hospital. Designated as a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in patient care, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville has repeatedly been named among U.S. News & World Report's "Best Hospitals.” The hospital has also been ranked as high performing in more than 10 specialties from neurology and neurosurgery to gynecology, diabetes, endocrinology,oncology and more. Baptist Health also has a new Stroke & Cerebrovascular Center, which is a regional epicenter for advanced treatment of strokes, aneurysms and other brain conditions. As one of 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare, Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is located close to sports, theater and music venues, museums, shopping and dining.