Online Course Development Coordinator I
Job Code: 1210
Department: Online Education Services
Division: Academic Affairs
Reports to: Director of Online Services
Positions Supervised: Division
Location: Main Campus
Reporting directly to the Director of Online Education Services and the Instructional Design Coordinator they shall work closely with contracted subject matter experts to design, develop, and update on-grounds, online, and blended courses. Develop and deliver training and documentation to a diverse population of online learners and educators to assist them in being successful users of online academic systems. This position requires frequent and effective written and oral communication, flexibility in adapting to the needs of changing instructional technology landscape (including cross-training with team members), and the ability to work successfully as part of a multi-site team.
- Collaborate with college instructors (subject matter experts) in the design, development and updating of online course according to established policies and standards
- Collaborate with Online Education Services staff to deliver quality instructional content for college instructors
- Communicate and uphold the course design standards of the college
- Support faculty in the use of the online course systems to develop and deliver courses
- Participate in the quality assurance model for online courses as prescribed by the college
- Develop and maintain tutorials and documentation for end-user systems supported by the college
- Assist in the upgrading management and testing of the learning management system and other supported tools as necessary
- Complete and maintain appropriate training and certification for the course management system, course analytics, and other software and tools managed by Online Education Services
- Provide support with analytics and outcomes assessment tools within the learning management system
- Assist other members of the department in providing support for faculty and students as needed.
- Serve on appropriate committees that further online education goals within the college’s strategic plan
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications and/or Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Educational Technology, Instructional Technology, Instructional Design, Multimedia/Video or related technical field
- One (1) year experience in online course design/development
- One (1) year experience of professional level experience in an educational setting
- Must have experience with the development of curricular materials in a professional environment
- Must have experience with current on-ground and online instructional technologies and their applications in community college classrooms
Preferred Qualifications and/or Education
- Master's degree in Educational Technology, Instructional Technology, Instructional Design or related technical field
- Experience and background in the community college environment
- Experience teaching in online education
- Evidence of academic program requirements and a strong familiarity with curriculum development
- Evidence of experience with online catalog and curriculum development software
- Experience with learning management tools such as Blackboard and online conferencing software such as Zoom, and lecture capture such as Panopto
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, talk, hear, walk, and sit. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift items.
40 hours per week. Must be able to work a variable schedule/hour to meet operational needs. May require evening and weekend hours.
Pay grade level: Grade 13
Compensation: $42,432 - $53,040
Employee category: Staff
Position Type: Full-Time
FLSA status: Exempt
- Read the job announcement carefully noting the initial screening date, minimum qualifications, and required information. Note that information contained in your application materials will be used to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. Make sure you complete/submit all the documents listed as required.
- If the position lists a required transcript (during the application process) unofficial transcripts may be submitted. However, please note that upon selection for hire, you will be required to submit official transcripts.
- Ensure that your transcripts show that a degree was awarded or conferred if you are stating that it is your highest level of education completed. If you certify your level of education and it cannot be verified from your transcript(s), your application may not be referred to the selection committee.
- Foreign degrees are acceptable provided they have been translated and/or shown to have equivalency to a United States: Associate, Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate level degree.
- Documentation verifying completion of a degree, course work within a discipline, or other educational criteria should be electronically attached (uploaded) to your application.
- Three (3) professional references with phone number and email addresses are required.
- A college selection committee is responsible for application review and interviews. The final candidate(s) selected to be hired will be made by the hiring manager.
- Successful completion of a background check on all persons recommended for employment is required Individual hiring departments may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process.
***This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.