REMOTE, approximately 12 hours per week teaching an online class of 25 students or less.
- Teach online courses in accordance with established online instructor guidelines.
- Provide feedback to students on assignments and additional assistance to those having difficulty with course content.
- Maintain an acceptable student pass rate for all classes taught in the program.
- Maintain student grades in accordance with established policies. Prepare and report final grades at the end of each course.
- Monitor students’ online activity and report concerns weekly regarding student academic progress to the Program Director.
- Actively assist with retention efforts by contacting students who are not actively engaged in courses by phone, text or email. Advise students regarding academic progress and course participation. Respond to student communication within 24 hours and grade all assignments within 48 hours of the due date.
- Refer students with questions regarding financial aid, transcripts, and other issues to the proper personnel.
- Participate in professional development and continuing education as required.
- Attend regular faculty meetings – synchronously or asynchronously.
- Remain current with professional trends and advances in technology.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Master’s degree from an accredited program recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Council of Higher Education Accreditation and at least 15 college credits in the field of economics.
- Two (2) years of experience in teaching economics.
- Three (3) years of occupational experience is required for teaching subjects in professional disciplines that have associated programmatic accreditation.
- Current license, certification, or other credential as required by local, state and/or federal laws to work in the field for those teaching professional courses.
- Experience with online instruction preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other basic computer/internet applications.
Applicants are required to submit unofficial transcripts and resume when applying. All minimum requirements must be met at the time of the application.
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Free Food and Coffee
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Military Leave
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Professional Development
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off