Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers’ teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we’re building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources – inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers’ formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you’ll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
The Onsite Operations Supervisor is a critical role encompassing development, supply chain management and business growth. He/she should be customer centric -- internally and externally. The individual selected will manage the interactions between sales and supply chain to maintain inventory levels and ensure plant success.
Management of customer telemetry/tank levels onsite (offsite access to SCADA via VPN) to prioritize and coordinate Univar Solutions chemical deliveries.
- Establish deep understanding of immediate chemical needs and future trends (being an extension of Intel), as well as identify new opportunities.
- Continuous improvement on SCADA/telemetry and proficiency to impact delivery efficiency.
- Ensure accuracy of customer BSQ (Bulk Site Qualifications).
- Understand chemical usage trends and proactively use data to assist in planning deliveries. Improve communications with Customer Service, Operations and Transportation resulting in better service overall.
Expand services to all lines of business.
- Build relationships with technicians, engineers and system owners.
- Identify and elevate new opportunities to Sales team.
Maintain a customer-centric, proactive, attentive and helpful attitude, and integrate with Intel process owners.
- Maintain visibility and continue to build relationships with Intel Supervisors.
Lead, coach and mentor onsite technicians/environmental field specialists.
- Create an inclusive environment where employees can grow within the account.
- Balance tasks with goals amongst stakeholders.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in chemical distribution, supply chain, transportation and telemetry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in science, engineering or related field from a fully accredited four-year institution is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience using telemetry to forecast deliveries to the site.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.