Other/Temporary Student Intern, Student Services
21ST CENTURY CMNTY LEARN CTR
Anchorage School District
Bargaining Unit: Temporary
Work Year: Temporary position
Work Day: Up to 2 hours on school days, up to 6 hours on weekends
Wage: $12.00Job Summary
The Migrant Education, Title VI Indian Education, and the 21st Century Community Learning Center After-School Programs are looking to students in grades 9–12 to assist with various after-school activities and events throughout the school year on an as needed basis. Under adult supervision, Student Interns assist in setting up and running activities for our afterschool programs, run activities for our family outreach events, perform light office work, and provide MEP, Title VI, and 21st CCLC staff assistance as necessary.
The following are required:
- Must be a current ASD high school student at least 14 years old.
- Ability to work after school in an elementary after-school program or on an on-call basis.
- Must have reliable transportation.
The following are preferred:
- Ability to obtain the state’s online Food Worker Card.
- Experience working with children in an organized setting.
Essential Job Functions
- Serves as a positive role model for younger children.
- Helps prepare and organize snacks or meals at events.
- Sets up and cleans up for events.
- Performs general office duties such as copying, assembling packets, etc.
- Attends scheduled training sessions and staff meetings.
- Follows direction and independently follows through on tasks.
- Learns critical procedures and program routines.
- Collaborates and works cooperatively with colleagues and staff.
- Supports ASD’s position of valuing diversity, promoting respect, and maintaining standards of confidentiality.
The physical demands of this job require frequent standing, walking, sitting, speaking, and hearing. Specific visual abilities are also required. The employee is regularly required to reach with his/her hands and arms and occasionally lift items weighing less than 40 lbs. Additionally, the employee must be able to communicate by oral and written means in an appropriate business manner and have cognitive skills to understand instructions, readily recall facts and details, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure. The employee must have the ability to effectively manage the stress of working with students, parents, and other employees representing diverse cultures, personalities, and work styles in a dynamic work environment.
The Anchorage School District is committed to providing reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all individuals with qualified physical or mental disabilities.
Work is performed in a professional environment with a wide variety of individuals having differing functions, personalities and abilities, including working with diverse groups of people in a variety of different settings.
While performing the duties of this job the employee may be regularly exposed to a video display. The employee may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Additional Job Information
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Anchorage School District employees must possess the ability to read and write in English. This includes the ability to communicate in English with school staff, coworkers, and the public. Employees must also have the ability to comprehend and carry out oral and written directions and understand and follow English instructions and written documents.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a satisfactory criminal background check.
This position may be required to work in ASD facilities on the military installations (JBER). Please visit https://www.dhs.gov/real-id-enforcement-brief for additional information.
The Anchorage School District is an equal employment opportunity employer.