This position being offered is for both full-time and part-time employees. We pay 9.00$ per hour plus TIPS. We are flexible with scheduling, time off, etc. We are looking for friendly hard working, and reliable individuals to help us with the business. The other benefits include free movies for you and family.
The server is a team member classified based on individual theatre needs, and/or employee availability, as either variable hour, part-time fixed, part- time regular or a full-time hourly employee whose main responsibility is to provide superior guest service in a clean and comfortable environment. You must be 18 or older for this position. They must have a genuine concern for assuring the satisfaction of every guest and represent the theatre in a manner that is consistent with the New Vision's policies. If the theatre sells alcohol and your assigned duties will include the serving of alcohol, you must be of legal age with all applicable training, permits and licenses to serve alcohol according to state or local laws.
As a NewVision Server you will accurately take food and beverage orders, relay orders to kitchen for preparation, deliver prepared food to guests, while providing superior guest service. The server must be of legal age with all applicable training permits and licenses to serve alcohol according to state and local laws.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Regular and consistent attendance.
- Proof of age. (Associates who will be serving, pouring, or mixing alcoholic beverage will need to be 18 and in some states 21).
- Knowledge of and adherence to all laws and legal obligations regarding the serving of alcohol.
- Knowledge of all coupons and on-going promotions
- Knowledge of and promotion of New Vision Rewards program.
- Knowledge and enforcement of the MPAA rating system.
- Exceptional guest service skills
- Handling of all monies and merchandise (including non-saleable and saleable).
- Operating, preparing and cleaning of all concession related equipment.
- Proper use of all concession related storerooms.
- Proper use of all cleaning materials per MSDS.
- Knowledge of all concession opening, closing and in between show procedures.
- Knowledge of all emergency, evacuation and robbery procedures.
- Excellent sales techniques, including up selling and suggestive selling.
- Knowledge of counterfeit bill procedures.
- Knowledge of and compliance with all local, state and federal food safety laws.
- Knowledge and compliance of dress code.
- Ensuring guest satisfaction smile, greet, and thank all guests.
- Responsible for accuracy of cash drawers, inventory, and coupons.
- Must be knowledgeable of correct popper operation and emergency procedures.
- Abide by all federal and state laws with regards to breaks and/or meal periods.
- Required to read and understand training materials that will cover subjects such as sexual harassment and discrimination.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Completion of staff training program or progress towards completion required. It is your responsibility to complete any legally required state or local training and obtain the required certificate.
In addition, you must complete any local Responsible Beverage Server training.
- Language Ability:
Possess good public speaking, listen effectively and respond clearly and directly.
- Math Ability:
Perform calculations with speed and accuracy and identify and correct errors.
- Reasoning Ability:
Identify problems, gather relevant data and note possible causes of problems. Evaluate relevant information, recognize alternatives and reach conclusions based on evidence. Take action beyond what is necessarily called for. Perform under pressure and/or opposition.
- Personal Skills:
Possess excellent communication skills with customers, co-workers and management. Establish goals, budget time and set priorities to achieve desired objectives.
- Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally be required to lift up to 60 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.