SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
We are Alaska’s premier Ambulatory Surgery Center and growing.
The Alaska Surgery Center provides same day surgery with 23 hour observation, in the areas including Orthopedics, Podiatry, Ophthalmology, ENT, Plastics, Dentistry, Urology, Neurosurgery, Gynecology, and General Surgery. We currently have approximately 40 physician owners in a broad spectrum of specialties. We take pride in our excellent patient care and being the number one Surgery Center of choice in Alaska.
If you are looking for the best of the best in employers and wanting to spend more time with your family then look no further. No weekend, on-call or night shifts. We are interested in your expertise and look forward to hearing from you.
“Local Hire Only”
The Perioperative (OR) Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge. The Registered Nurse is responsible for the achievement of patient outcomes through implementation of critical pathways and in accordance with the mission, vision, and values of the facility. The Registered Nurse is responsible for adhering to AORN standards.
- Ability to correlate clinical data with patient’s medical and nursing care.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Ability to provide direction to others that is clear, concise and promotes efficiency throughout the clinical areas of the facility.
- Ability to communicate well with patients, families, Teammates, physicians, other members of the healthcare team, etc.
- Recognizes legal and policy limits of individual practice.
- Assesses, plans, evaluates and ensures the implementation of the patient’s care to achieve identified outcomes and delivers safe patient care according to facility policy and procedure.
- Assumes an active role in the provision of quality nursing care for patients receiving care.
- Demonstrates continued competence in assessing, treating, and caring for individuals based upon age-specific needs utilizing a developmental perspective.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and competence of designated skills identified for position in patient care duties.
- Completes all documentation to ensure the availability of accurate and up to date information in accordance with established standards.
- Adheres to established facility safety requirements and procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Participates in the facility Performance/Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Plan and related processes and activities including the areas of Safety, Infection Control, Patient Education/Teaching, Documentation, Adherence to Guidelines for Cleaning/Decontamination of the Center, Adherence to guidelines for Sterilization of Instruments and supplies, Patient Satisfaction, Physician Satisfaction, Compliance with OSHA Standards, and Risk Management.
- Communicates patient information to assure confidentiality and continuity of care.
- Interacts with all patients, families, physicians, visitors and fellow employees in a mature, responsible manner to ensure a positive and professional facility environment.
- Fosters a positive and professional facility environment by interacting with all persons in a considerate, helpful and courteous manner and by participating as a team member.
- 3 years Perioperative nursing required.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.
- At least one year of OR and/or medical / surgical nursing experience preferred.
- Current Alaska state licensure to practice.
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS)/Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 90 days of employment or documentation of current BLS/BCLS certification.
- Successful completion of ACLS Course within 1 year of employment or documentation of current ACLS certification.
- Successful completion of PALS Course within 1 year of employment or documentation of current PALS certification.
- Specialty certification in Perioperative Nursing recommended. Membership in professional organization preferred.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org