SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Greater New Haven ASC, LLC (d/b/a North East Alliance Surgery Center) is a soon to open State of the Art outpatient surgical facility located in Hamden Connecticut. The center consists of four operating suites specializing in Ophthalmology, Podiatry, Spine, Pain Management and Orthopedic outpatient procedures. The facility is conveniently located minutes to the Merritt Parkway (Route 15) and Interstate 91.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Exciting opportunity to work in a new ambulatory surgical center alongside an engaged group of professionals. If you see yourself working among such an enthusiastic team to really impact patient care- look no further.Come experience why you became an Operating Room Nurse in the first place.The Operating Room Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and coordinating patient care from admission to discharge. The Operating Room Registered Nurse is responsible for the achievement of patient outcomes through implementation of critical pathways in accordance with the mission, vision and values of the facility. The expectation is for the candidate to be committed to the highest levels of coordinated care in the OR / perioperative setting.
- Ability to correlate clinical data with patient’s medical and nursing care.
- Ability to communicate well with patients, families, teammates, physicians, other members of the healthcare team, etc.
- Assesses, plans, evaluates and ensures the implementation of the patient’s care to achieve identified outcomes and delivers safe patient care according to facility policy and procedure.
- Assumes an active role in the provision of quality nursing care for patients receiving care.
- Documents all patient information according to established standards of care, policies and procedures
- Maintains and evaluates own clinical expertise and clinical practice.
- Completes all documentation to ensure the availability of accurate and up to date information in accordance with established standards.
- Practices infection control, standard precautions and universal precautions as instructed or trained
- Adheres to established facility safety requirements and procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Utilizes time effectively.
- Provides nursing care and appropriate monitoring according to policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and competence of designated skills identified for position in patient care duties.
- Practices and monitors aseptic techniques.
- Performs duties as circulating or scrub nurse. Utilizes specialized nursing knowledge, nursing process and discriminative judgment while giving direct or indirect care.
- Responsibly demonstrates and the importance of continuing education to the performance of facility responsibilities and growth in profession.
- Demonstrates understanding and puts into practice the SCA value of Service Excellence.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing.
- At least one year of direct and independent Operating Room Nurse experience in a multi-specialty operating room.
- Current state nursing licensure to practice.
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS)/Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 90 days of employment or documentation of current BLS/BCLS certification. Successful completion of ACLS Course within 90 days of employment or documentation of current ACLS certification.
- Successful completion of PALS Course within 90 days of employment or documentation of current PALS certification.
- Specialty certification in Perioperative Nursing recommended.
As a representative of Surgical Care Affiliates, all comments, attitudes, actions, and behaviors have a direct effect on the Facility’s image and perceptions of quality service. Interaction with patients, families, physicians, referral sources, affiliating schools, visitors, volunteers, co-workers, supervisors, vendors, etc. must be in a manner that is friendly, supportive, courteous, respectful, cooperative, and professional. This behavior should promote an atmosphere of teamwork, which is congruent with Facility standards and guidelines to promote positive relations.
Ability to be highly flexible in the overall support of the needs and tasks of the center. Qualified applicants who are skilled in both the intraoperative circulator and surgical scrub roles is a plus.
Please send resumes to email@example.com