Vighter is recruiting Operating Room Technicians to perform work at the William Beaumont Army Medical Center in El Paso, TX. The OR Tech reports directly to the nursing team leader and is responsible for maintaining and keeping the operating room before the conduct of surgery. Assists in bringing the patient to the operating room and handles the preparations before and after surgery by washing and disinfecting the area for surgery.
Vighter is a physician-led firm accredited by The Joint Commission and is verified as a service-disabled veteran-owned business by the VA. Since 2005 our company has provided healthcare services on challenging programs in support our Federal government clients. Our healthcare staff have performed Search and Rescue operations in Africa as well as Asia, assisted with the Ebola response effort, supported ICE with in-flight emergency medical services, conducted physical examinations for veterans seeking disability determinations, and many other missions. Apply today and our recruiting team will contact you within 24 hours.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY:
- Competitive hourly rate plus shift differentials
- Health & Welfare Allowance
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life, Disability, 401K, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, med-mal etc.
- 56 Hours of Sick Leave provided annually
- 80 Hours of Vacation annually
- 10 paid holidays per year
Title: Operating Room Technician
Location: William Beaumont Army Medical Center in El Paso, TX
- Maintains and keeps the operating room and ensures everything is running smoothly before the conduct of surgery.
- Cleanse and disinfect surgical instruments and or equipment after surgeries.
- Prepare surgical instrument and equipment for autoclaving/sterilization per protocol
- Maintains and keeps all surgical tools sterile and orderly.
- Maintains and keeps all equipment clean and functional.
- Order and maintain adequate necessary supplies in the operating room.
- Prepares the patient before and after surgery by washing and disinfecting the area for surgery.
- Prepare necessary equipment and instrument prior to procedure/surgery.
- Assists in bringing the patient to the operating room.
- Attends to the needs of the patient while inside the operating room.
- Assist surgeon during the procedure.
- Assist nursing staff in keeping patient safe during the procedure by assisting RN with the application of restraints and following the recommended protocol.
- Takes care of any specimens obtained for testing following laboratory procedures/protocol.
- Provides assistance to the surgical team and coordinates very closely with the doctors, nurses and laboratory staff.
- Clean and disinfect operating room area after each procedure/surgery.
- Reports any defective equipment and instrument for repair or replacement.
- Assist other staff in discharging patient as needed.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- A diploma or certificate of training from a formal program of instruction that focused on operating room procedures/processes or surgical technology.
- Must be certified in Basic Life Support (BLS) prior to performing any work
- Shall be a United States Citizen
- Shall not have been convicted of a felony
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English
- Shall be able to operate a personal computer utilizing Microsoft applications, such as Explorer, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. so as to efficiently create and/or utilize an Electronic Medical Record
- A minimum of one-year experience within the last two years working as a full-time OR technician.
- Experience must have been obtained while working in a surgical center or hospital operating room environment.
- Experience obtained assisting in minor surgical procedures performed within a physicians office is not considered to be appropriate experience.
- Must be able to stand or sit for more than 8 hours per day
- Must be willing to work over time if necessary
- Must be able to use an elevator or walk up and down stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and carry up to 10 feet
- Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees and reach above and below shoulders
- Must be able to read and interpret handwritten and typewritten print
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear
- Must be able to perform duties in an indoor or outdoor environment
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation
- Must undergo urine drug testing
Vighter Medical Group is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Position is contingent upon contract award