Huntington Hotel Group is excited to announce it is accepting applications for Operations Manager at the Sunnyvale Homewood Suites by Hilton. Scheduled to open in the first quarter of 2021, this brand new hotel is located in the heart of Silicon Valley, close to all the tech giants such as Apple, Facebook, and more. Our extended stay hotel boosts 127 suites, pool, fitness center, outdoor BBQs and patio. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ branded Department Manager experience. Hilton experience is preferred.
Job Title: Operations Manager
Description: Seeking a hospitality expert to lead day to day hotel operations.
Position Title: Operations Manager
Immediate Supervisor's Title: General Manager
The purpose of the Operations Manager is to be a proactive representative of the hotel, who is aimed at creating an environment that achieves the highest possible employee guest satisfaction, as well as overall profit for the hotel. Overall responsibilities include overseeing front desk operations as well as housekeeping, engineering, and food and beverage. Limiting excessive spending and maximizing occupancy and rate are important objectives of the operations manager. The most important goal, however, is maximizing guest satisfaction, which is measurable by GSS results.
- Ability to communicate well with co-workers, guests, and upper management.
- Willing to work long hours and cover additional shifts as required by the demands of the hotel.
PRIMARY DAILY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- To arrive to work on time according to the schedule.
- Communicate with the front desk and all other departments to ensure everything is running smoothly.
- Consistently check voicemail and e-mails to make sure all demands are taken care of in a timely manner.
- Make sure all departments are taking care of their responsibilities and react to problems as necessary.
- Review invoices from all departments and process the invoices for payment, ensuring we are staying within budget on each line item.
- Process payroll as necessary.
- Review accounts receivables and contact company accounts payable departments if there are past due accounts.
- Cover front desk breaks and shifts in relation to occupancy and budget for employees.
- Review the front desk schedule and make changes as necessary.
- Review chargebacks and declined accounts and respond as necessary.
- Communicate with guests and find ways to improve guest satisfaction.
- Respond to all guest complaints and make an effort to keep them as clients by ensuring the complaints are addressed and fixed for the future.