When you join Suburban Propane, you become a part of a fast-paced and dynamic company that has been serving its employees and customers for 90 years. As an Operational Analyst, you will create and prepare financial and business related presentations and analyses for the company. This position is responsible for applying financial concepts and processes to determine the financial impact of business decisions. The position is highly visible to all levels of management and will exchange information in a clear concise manner with various departments within the company. If you are a driven professional with experience in the financial planning field, then we invite you to apply to join our growing team and be a part of our next 90 years.
- Prepare reports performed daily, weekly, monthly & quarterly for various groups
- Creates financial and business-related analyses on an ongoing basis
- Assist during the yearly budget process
- Create requirements and test any reports or changes that are being developed for the Financial Planning & Analysis department
- Supply weekly pricing data for government and state agencies as requested during the winter
- Prepare quarterly financial PowerPoint board slides and special projects supporting all areas of operations.
Why Suburban Propane? Suburban Propane takes pride in serving our employees and does so by offering competitive pay with incentive potential and a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, HSA and FSAs, paid vacation, personal and sick pay, tuition assistance, online learning opportunities and training, and a 401(k) with company match and immediate vesting.
- BS in Finance or Accounting required
- 3 years' work experience in a business operations environment preferred
- Proficient PC skills utilizing Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Strong analytic and communication skills
- Knowledge of Hyperion Smartview, Essbase, ADDs and SAP preferred but not required
As part of our pre-employment hiring process background checks and drug screens are performed.
Headquartered in Whippany, New Jersey, Suburban Propane Partners, L.P. (NYSE:SPH) is a nationwide marketer and distributor of a diverse array of products to meet the energy needs of our customers, specializing in fuel oil and refined fuels, as well as the marketing of propane, natural gas and electricity in deregulated markets. With over 3,000 employees, Suburban Propane maintains business operations in 41 states, providing prompt, reliable service to over one million residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customers.
Suburban Propane is proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans in accordance with all applicable laws.