Acts on behalf of the hospital management team on a 24-hour basis (including weekends and holidays) in lieu of their absence. Provides operational oversight throughout the hospital and acts independently to handle crisis management, issues and interprets policies and makes timely decisions that directly impact patient care. Acts as the administrative liaison to patients, families, employees, and external customers. Ensures timely and effective communication and collaboration among departments.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) required.
- RN - Registered Nurse in the State of Florida - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- CPR BLS MCH - SPR Healthcare Provider - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- 3 years of clinical RN experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicates and documents pertinent information (verbal and/or electronic) in a timely manner to the hospital administration staff and department leadership including all levels of nursing, medical and supportive areas. Communicates issues identified by front line staff to appropriate administrative team related to new administrative or departmental initiatives.
- Coordinates triage activities, through the Emergency Department, bed control and Senior Executive Team. Determine necessary space, equipment, supplies and support systems to ensure effective functioning of unit/department.
- Provides judgment and self-sufficiency in effective problem solving while servingas the administrative and operational resource for the hospital.
- Maintains a department-staffing plan that meets organizational needs. Optimize resources to maintain facility operations. Oversee patient care while redirecting and allocating resources.
- Obtains adequate facts and evaluates data to identify and intervene in actual and/or potential safety and risk management issues. Investigates and intervenes in situations involving patients, visitors, hospital staff and other external customers
- Performs the leadership and administrative responsibilities of management in an accurate, timely and matter. Maintains visibility with hospital staff through rounds.
- Provides on-site coordinator for internal/external disasters or other major events. Reacts effectively to unplanned circumstances, demands, and challenges facing the hospital. Monitors emergency action procedures and coordinate activities related to patient/staff evacuations as needed.
- Responds to and assists staff in the management of codes, traumas, fires and other disasters; provide feedback to staff and complete appropriate reports. Supervises the shift-to-shift operations of the hospital, to provide consistent quality service to internal and external customers.
- Serves as a clinical and administrative resource to patient care units and support departments. Supervises patient care units by providing support to clinical staff, operational and facility services.
- 2 years of pediatric experience preferred.
- 2 years of managerial experience or demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Demonstrates clinical competency in the pediatric setting.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Talent Management and pay polices.
- Compliance with all standards for safety, risk management, and infection control as required by enforcement agencies.