WHO ARE WE?
If the BARK experience is a theatrical production, the Logistics & Fulfillment team is the wizard behind the curtain making sure all 1,000 things go according to plan and millions of dogs are happy. We're the people who get our product where it needs to go: from factory / manufacturer to our warehouse network, and then to our end customers by all the necessary means possible (TEU, LCL,small parcel, LTL, FTL). We are obsessed with logistics and relentless on performance, but we're not afraid to have fun! We like to think we're superheroes your dog doesn't even know about. No capes, but we type faster than you can fly and don't rest until pups are barking at the door in anticipation of BARK products landing on their doorstep.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
BARK is a fast-growing business for people who absolutely love dogs. We are looking for an Operations Analyst who can support our fulfillment reporting & analytics needs by leveraging our existing data and enterprise BI tool, Periscope, to surface user-friendly views of our warehousing and shipping data. This role will be a SQL Authority and Reporting Wizard. You love charts, graphs, and data warehouses as much we all love our dogs. By extracting data and working with it, this person will be able to identify trends and areas for improvement within our fulfillment and shipping networks. Tools you build will help us audit invoices and hold our vendors accountable. Ultimately, we’re seeking someone who can dig into the numbers with minimal direction and help keep us on track from an operational and finance perspective. Simply put, this person will help our supply chain appropriately negotiate the line between low-cost service and customer-centric results.
Call attention to areas for improvement within our Distribution Network by:
- Creating performance dashboards to tell the story of how we’re doing, as a team, to the entire business
- Auditing the accuracy of all vendor bills against rate charts / historic trends and flagging discrepancies
- Using small parcel carrier data to evaluate shipping performance from warehouse to customer delivery
- Forecasting expected spends across various business channels and tracking actuals against forecasts
- Digging into all available information in the BarkBox data warehouse in order to discover meaningful metrics and create sustainable reporting
- Creating Monthly Reports for use in Bark’s month-end financial close process
- Conducting ad-hoc analysis on various Distribution-related topics (geographic customer penetration, carrier RFPs, undeliverable packages, warehouse turnaround time, location-based cost-benefit analysis, etc.)
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong SQL and data analysis experience is a must; ability to access and extract data from a data warehouse (Redshift)
- Experience working in BI tools like Periscope, Tableau, etc. creating dashboards and performance reporting
- Comfort with business concepts like: Finance Forecasting, Invoice Auditing, Cost Allocation (from raw invoices), Inventory Transaction Reporting, Quick / Accurate Modeling
- Strong Excel background; strong use of Lookups and Indexes (across multiple resources), Pivot Tables and easily digested summaries
- Experience in tracking billing and metrics of small parcel shipments (zones, rates, surcharges, delivery performance, etc.) a plus
- Ability to quickly read, understand, and model financial and / or performance scenarios for 3rd party service agreements / contracts (transportation and fulfillment)
- You love dogs so much that some people think you have a problem
- Nice to have: Past experience in Python Script and statistical analyses (Regression analysis, modeling)
This is a full-time salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Columbus, OH. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.