Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact every day?
Imagine all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? Absolutely.
This is satisfying and challenging work that makes a real difference in people's lives. We are where you can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. We are where you can connect people to making a lifesaving impact. We are where you can partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. The American Heart Association is where you can make an extraordinary impact.
The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for an Operations Analyst in our National Center office located in Dallas, Texas.
The Operations Analyst (AHA/ACC) is an administrative role and will be considered a joint employee of the American Heart Association (AHA) and American College of Cardiology (ACC).
Essential Job Duties:
- Perform project management activities for joint team documents including creation of timelines with associated deliverables, planning and tracking of resources including staffing, budget and expenses.
- Monitor project timelines and budgets analyze and report on deviations. Forecast resource needs for multiple projects.
- Manage joint team nominations from AHA and ACC for writing committee members and peer reviewers. Track expertise and performance and create reports.
- Manage payment of invoices, expense tracking, reimbursement processing and budgeting.
- Participate and assist in managing committee meetings and communicating project plans.
Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the experience we require:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, or a related area of study.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with publishing or production budget/expense functions including contract review and compliance.
- Experience planning multiple or concurrent meetings with remote participants including volunteers.
- Basic understanding of research or health related technical writing.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Intermediate skill in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Sharepoint, OneNote.
- Must be able to travel overnight approx. 10% of the time.
Here are some of the preferred skills we are looking for:
- Experience with automated document copy editing systems such as Endnote.
- Experience with project planning and workflow processing such as Visio.
So, are you ready to work for the largest voluntary health organization dedicated to fighting heart disease, stroke and other cardiovascular diseases?
Click on “Apply for this job online” to submit your online application or “Log back in!” if you are a returning applicant. Only those candidates deemed most qualified by the hiring manager will be contacted to interview.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter: #TheAHALife
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities