Our client, a leading west coast publicly traded commercial real estate company is seeking an Operations Analyst (Finance), working from one of their prestigious regional offices in San Francisco, CA (near the Embarcadero).This role is to assist the Operations team with portfolio performance evaluation, key project execution, investment analyses, and monthly and quarterly deliverables.
The Operations team plays a central and critical role in the overall success of the company, directly responsible for the oversight of each asset throughout its lifecycle.Maintaining and creating portfolio value requires constant collaboration throughout the organization by the Operations team, primarily with the Accounting, Investments, Finance, Construction, Investments, Leasing and Development teams.
Within this fast-paced and collaborative environment, the Operations Analyst will report to the Director, Joint Ventures, and work closely with a variety of individuals across the organization, gaining both cross-functional experience and executive-level exposure.
The successful candidate will contribute on multiple levels: able to create and enhance a variety of complex financial analyses, experienced in the creation of business cases, decision rationale, and performance monitoring, and comfortable understanding and summarizing pertinent details in commercial contracts.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop and underwrite business cases to evaluate significant capital investment and repositioning of high profile assets across the portfolio, including but not limited to the Ferry Building. Analyze actual investment spend and corresponding asset metrics to quantify investment performance.
- Produce ongoing reporting requirements of the Operations department, inclusive of monthly portfolio performance (i.e., financial variance, leasing, capital investment), joint-venture deliverables, and monthly Accounts Receivable analyses.
- Work directly with the Director of Joint Ventures and Senior Director of Operations Management to design, develop, and implement process improvements to drive enhanced efficiencies and portfolio performance visibility.
- Support the company-wide operating and capital budget process, including creation of portfolio-level variance analyses and executive presentations.
- Assist the Director of Joint Ventures with the ongoing management, maintenance, and optimization of key joint-venture and portfolio vendor relationships.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the corporate and regional teams on ad hoc analyses and presentations, which requires frequent interaction with the Accounting, Investments, Finance, Construction, Leasing and Development teams.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with superb verbal and written communication skills, capable of building strong working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.The candidate will be comfortable in a high-visibility, dynamic work environment, able to effectively prioritize competing deliverables, and possess a superior attention to detail.Bachelor’s degree required, with a major in a technical field (Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering, etc.) preferred.Applicable financial services experience required, with a strong preference for specific experience in commercial real estate.Must have a demonstrated proficiency in Excel (advanced level), PowerPoint, and Word, with working knowledge of Argus and MRI/Yardi preferred.