This is an opportunity in the exciting and fast-growing transportation technology industry. Public transit is being transformed from a system of static, scheduled fixed-routes, to a dynamic on-demand network, and you’ll be one of the pioneers shaping this transformation.
As an Operations Analyst, you’ll be responsible for providing technology and platform related support to passengers, drivers, and transit agency employees to ensure timely resolution of issues and maintain superior end-user satisfaction. Working collaboratively with the Operations Manager, you will troubleshoot issues and identify opportunities to improve the microtransit service. You will become an expert on RideCo’s technology platform and have a data-driven approach to transportation operations management. As a key customer support resource for passengers, drivers, and operations staff, you’ll have an important role in shaping the performance and success of our clients’ next-generation on-demand transportation services.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Configure and monitor the RideCo platform for day-to-day service operation
- Schedule and dispatch operators and monitor adherence
- Maintain high compliance to dispatch standards and operation procedures; analyze and manage the performance of operators including adherence to schedules, trip acceptance rate, trip performance metrics, and related key performance indicators
- Analyze transportation planning opportunities to reduce transportation costs
- Analyze and report on the performance of utility workers and maintenance staff including adherence to schedules, vehicle downtime, complaints regarding vehicle maintenance and upkeep, and other related key performance indicators
- Collaborate with the product team, collect information regarding service issues for investigation and quick resolution, and continuously improve the software platform and mobile apps
- Provide level 2 customer support via Zendesk (our support ticketing platform) to passengers and drivers regarding ride inquiries, general information requests, app navigation, routing, and payments
- Perform training sessions with driver/vehicle contractors, verify provided documentation, assist with account set up, and process background checks and driver abstract requests
- Track and manage smartphone assets, and maintain the working order
- Prepare weekly summary reports to management outlining statistics around incoming tickets, nature of issues, resolution and response times, and suggestions for review by the product team
- Improve automation and tooling, continuously looking for ways to streamline and improve our current support processes
- Continuously expand the collective knowledge base of the company through multi-disciplinary learning and knowledge sharing
- Assist Operations Manager in other day-to-day activities and tasks
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of experience in customer service or technical support roles
- Dispatch experience is considered an asset, preferably in the transportation industry
- 1-2 years of workforce scheduling experience is considered an asset
- Computer savvy with intermediate skills with Microsoft Excel and Word; comfortable spending at least 50% of the working day at a computer reviewing, investigating, and responding to customer support inquiries
- Strong Communication skills (written and oral); ability to communicate and handle conflict resolutions with individuals of varying levels of English proficiency in an empathetic and professional manner
- Avid smartphone and apps user, with the ability to troubleshoot common smartphone /app issues
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, collaborating with other team members for issue investigation/resolution
- Location: Based in Torrance, Los Angeles, California or willing to relocate
- Willing to travel locally within Los Angeles County
- Base Salary: $60,000- $90,000
Who we are:
RideCo powers on-demand transit. Public transit agencies use RideCo's cloud-based software platform to provide on-demand shared rides in dynamically routed buses and vans. Our clients include some of the world’s largest transportation operators such as Los Angeles Metro, San Antonio Metro, Grab, and Calgary Transit.
Have you experienced getting frustrated with transfers and waiting while taking a public bus? Have you seen buses drive around in low-density areas with very few passengers on-board and wondered how inefficient that seems to be? You're likely aware of the first & last mile access challenges faced by transit hubs. We are solving these problems by re-imagining shared mobility. Imagine a world where vehicles have dynamic routes responsive to real-time trip demand. This 'dynamic shuttle' (or van /sedan) would pick you up, on-demand, at or near your doorstep and take you to your destination or transit hub. Along the way, it may pick-up other passengers going in your direction. Your experience will be seamless: less waiting, less walking, fewer transfers, shorter travel time, and timely pickups and drop-offs. RideCo's 'dynamic shuttle' platform enables this seamless experience and low-cost shared rides for vehicle fleet operators and their passengers. By seamlessly moving more people in fewer vehicles we are catalyzing a generational shift in how people get around cities and towns. This means commuters spend less time in transit and more time doing what they enjoy.
RideCo powers a diverse range of use cases, including residential/ suburban travel; first-mile-last-mile connections for transit hubs; and corporate employee transportation. We are investing to scale up and capture the growing demand for on-demand shared rides solutions.
Email your resume (or link to your LinkedIn profile) and cover letter to:
Email Subject: “Operations Analyst”