At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
This position is responsible for several highly technical and analytical tasks that include, but are not limited to, the successful set-up, testing, execution, monitoring, analysis and recovery of production and test batch processing system applications. The incumbent will be required to give guidance to Project Team members regarding production standards and Operational readiness requirements. This team is responsible for meeting SLAs of core business applications.
How you will make an impact:
- Leads projects and is responsible for directing assignments for internal and peer employees. Regularly reports status of project both verbally and in writing.
- Participates and sometimes leads daily, weekly and project meetings and script walkthrus with various team members. Prepares written documentations as required in support of applications systems, schedules and RTI (run-time improvement) recommendations.
- Designs, integrates, communicates, and schedules new application job and schedules while coordinating releases into the production and pre-production environments, per business specifications.
- Designs and maintains databases for all test and production job schedules and adhoc reporting requests
- Reviews major or new application changes for integration dependencies for accuracy and analyzes required changes to process flows and /or DB changes. Performs pre-production testing, change analysis and prepares contingency and/or corrective action lans during production implementation phase.
- Investigates, defines and solves simple to highly complex application and software issues in collaboration with application developers and/or system admins. Makes recommendations for workarounds and solutions.
- Coordinates and leads triage efforts 24/7/365 to assure business critical applications are available per the SLA and to assure business is notified when SLAs are at risk or missed.
- Assesses problems, identifies recovery scenarios, file recoveries, and job restarts based on contributor factors of failure assessment, and 7x24 coverage.
- Provides written and documentation as required supporting specific project, Problem and Impact Analysis.
- Researches and analyzes requests received from auditors and provide detailed reports for various audits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What we look for:
- Wide knowledge base encompassing LAN and mid-tier system hardware and software, including UNIX, Windows, HP-UX, and Oracle.
- Experience with various elements of automation is a plus.
- Working knowledge of ORACLE tools and report generation through SQL*PLUS
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to write and develop procedures and documentation; ability to work and communicate with a diverse group of technical and non-technical personnel in order to achieve stated goals and deliverables
- Strong project management, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Previous experience leading automation projects and supervising the efforts of other automation team associates is an advantage
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education is preferred, but candidates with proven experience will not be excluded from consideration.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in mid-tier computer hardware, software configurations and components.
- Possesses a solid knowledge of mid-tier computer hardware, software configurations and components as demonstrated by at least 3 years experience.
- A minimum of 2 years experience with LAN systems and software.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in automation, project management, and team building.
- ITIL, ITSM or Project Management certification preferred.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. As an employee you’ll take part in our mission to become the trusted health partner by collaborating with our communities and employees to reimagine and deliver new possibilities in an ever-changing environment. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation/paid time off
- Professional Development
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance