Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring an Operations Analyst to join our Insurance Controls team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
The Operations Analyst, Insurance Controls is responsible for supporting compliance within our operational control framework which includes Model Audit Rule (MAR) and Service Organization Controls Report (SOC1) requirements to ensure we consistently manage insurance controls across business segments and operational processes across the full scope of Insurance Operations
- Support your team lead or manager in development and implementation of clear, scalable and dynamic operational processes which support regulatory and audit requirements.
- Monitor processes to ensure compliance with control frameworks and adherence to regulatory requirements across Insurance Operations
- Assist process owners in gathering evidence of control reviews and uploading documentation to relevant platforms
- Work with process owners to implement corrective action plans identified in internal control breakdowns within a timely manner.
- Utilize internal tools and technical processes to execute database queries and dashboard creation
- Understand relevant policies and workflows
- 2+ years of professional experience in an Insurance/Financial Services environment
- Prior experience with MAR, SOC1, SOX control frameworks
- Experience in supporting process / workflow building, operational improvement, and project management
- Technical aptitude as well as advanced Excel skills and fluency with database languages (SQL).
- An understanding of financial, operational, and information technology controls.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in audit, management consulting, strategy, healthcare
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.