Business Analyst,Tesla Insurance Services
- Job Category
- Fremont, California
- Req. ID
- Job Type
The Tesla Insurance Services division is looking for an exceptional business analyst for the insurance operations team with an insurance background and a customer-centric approach with outstanding communication skills and attention to detail. This Business Analyst will be responsible for business requirements and workflows, third-party coordination, project management, policies and procedures documentation, performance metrics, reporting, and more, to pave the way for the future of Tesla’s insurance offerings.
- Assist with all operational aspects of the countrywide rollout of Tesla insurance
- Development and management of our project roadmaps
- Act as liaison between the business, third parties, and various teams to incorporate requirements, enhancements, and feedback while ensuring regulatory compliance and proper articulation of the brand
- Manage our business requirements, user acceptance testing, implementation management, and post-production releases
- Own development and ongoing maintenance of key recurring operational and financial reports for consumption by Tesla executives, external partners and other stakeholders.
- Analyze current business performance and understand fundamental financial drivers of the business to develop performance metric, ability to explain trends, and improve reporting
- Facilitate audits and state reporting requirements
- Manage and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders as a representative of insurance operations by collaborating and providing timely deliverables
- Generate policies and procedures documentation to ensure consistency and reduce exposure
- Consistently analyze, iterate, refine and enhance existing workflows and find internal automation opportunities
- Research relevant market materials, processes, and technology to suggest improvements using proactive observation, measurement, and monitoring of our operations to enhance Tesla Insurance experience further
- Measure, evolve and improve the division continually using systematic problem solving and innovation to generate real-world solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years in the insurance industry
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including effectively presenting complex information clearly and bringing clarity to stakeholders and team members. Strong ability to communicate product concepts. Experienced and comfortable with presenting work to executives and large groups
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, collaborative, cross-disciplinary, and geographically dispersed environment
- Ability to communicate ideas through a range of media, including written requirements, workflows, sketches, prototypes, and wireframes
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and intermediate knowledge of different types of databases, their applications, and database programs (MS Access, SQL Server, and MySQL). Ability to develop Excel macros in VBA to automate recurring reporting tasks a plus.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, but also collaborative and driven by group critique
- As a full time Tesla employee you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
- Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts