We currently have an opportunity for a highly motivated team player as a Warehouse Associate at our Memphis distribution center. In this role, you will be supporting our security branch national returns center. You will be conducting warehouse and administrative functions in order to receive defective or customer returned material. You will interact with other warehouse associate, supervisors, our sales team members and customer in order to scrap material or return to stock.
Order Picker and Reach Truck experience will be necessary for this position. Prior administrative experience such as, inventory control, quality auditing, operations reporting, warehouse system data entry, etc, is also required.
The expected hours for these positions will be 8:00am – 5:00pm.
In addition, this role is responsible for:
- Picking material while ensuring perfect quantity and material match;
- Packing material with care to ensure our customers get what they ordered and in perfect shape;
- Maintaining inventory and service levels to meet all necessary customer requirements and delivery deadlines;
- Stock replenishment and cycle counting;
- Use barcode scanner to scan and signal empty bins;
- Handle material shortage requests;
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision;
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers;
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments; and
- Follow company safety policies and procedures.
- This is a partial list of duties to give you an idea of the position. Additional responsibility will be assigned based on the position and demand of the business.
What It Takes To Be Successful In This Role (Qualifications):
- At least 6 months prior work experience.
- Required experience operating Order Picker. Preferred experience operation Reach Truck in addition to required Order Picker.
- Experience in warehousing, distribution, production, retail or manufacturing preferred.
- Demonstrate prior experience operating forklifts and/or other powered industrial equipment.
- Demonstrated math, counting, reading and writing skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to lift, bend, reach, push, pull, squat and walk throughout a shift.
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time, generally an entire shift (8+ hours per day).
We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times.
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran
Click here to apply online