Another Source’s client, Sabey Corporation, is recruiting a Operations Data Center Technician to join their Sabey Data Centers team in Ashburn Virgina. Here is a little about Sabey Corporation and the position they are recruiting for:
Headquarted out of Seattle, Sabey Corporation is a 45 year-old full-service commercial real estate company with an outstanding reputation. As a privately-owned company, Sabey focuses on building value by serving one customer at a time. The company is primarily engaged in data center, office, and industrial property development, construction and operations with ownership in the Pacific Northwest and on the East Coast.
Sabey Data Centers is one of the oldest and largest privately-owned multi-tenant data center owner/developer/operators in the world. Being privately-owned may mean that Sabey is never a household name, but to Sabey, it means a complete focus on building value by serving one customer at a time.
Today, with three million square feet of mission critical space, Sabey Data Centers continues to serve the world’s most exciting enterprises and institutions with customized data center solutions that are efficient, reliable, and quick to market.
The U.S. Department of Energy recognizes Sabey Data Centers: click here!
Take a closer look at Sabey Data Centers: https://vimeo.com/173798200
Sabey offers highly competitive wages based on education and work experience as well as a competitive benefits program that includes a 401(k) plan, health and dental insurance, voluntary vision, short term disability, life insurance and paid time off.
This position will be responsible for Customer, Network and Data Center Facility support for all Sabey Data Center Operations. This role operates in a 24/7 environment which requires flexibility to work any shift.
- Responsively interact with customers and internal stakeholders.
- Uses monitoring applications in conjunction with ticketing systems to support customers and data center operations teams
- Continual observation and monitoring of data center and network systems.
- Conduct triage and provide Level 1 support for trouble calls.
- Manage and document facilities work orders and customer service requests.
- Monitor maintenance activities and provide notifications.
- Develop and maintain project work plans and schedules for small projects and multiple concurrent projects.
- Provide support for a variety of projects within the Data Center.
- Develop and maintain operational process and procedures.
- Follow documented processes and procedures and suggest changes and improvements.
- Perform remote hands services for Sabey customers
- Understand and promote the Sabey culture.
- Ensure operations center meets or exceeds goals and objectives.
- Drive opportunities for operation center to provide additional services for external and internal customers
- Some information technology and network knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Word, Excel and Outlook. Other programs (PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.) a plus
- Professional attitude and work well under pressure
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds and operate a variety of hand and power tools
- Ability to work independently
- Flexible support hours required to include overtime, nights and weekend work.
- Some experience working in data centers and/or with networks supporting data center facility equipment is a plus but not required.
- The individual will be a self-starter and must demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Sabey Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age.
Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis, to maximize the recruiting process