Sorenson Communications is a leader in the provision of video relay services. An important position in the management of each VRS center is the Operations Coordinator (Ops Coordinator).It is anticipated that individuals filling this position will be experienced and highly motivated. This position is responsible for managing the regular work schedule and training schedule of Video Interpreters. This individual will manage call center staffing needs, handle requests for shifts and assign shifts to employees in order to meet national service level requirements. Responsibilities will also include tracking requests for time off, shift changes and forecasting both short and long term staffing needs against call volumes. The Operations Coordinator will provide feedback, suggestions, and staffing analysis to VRS Regional Operations Manager and Center Director/Manager for recruiting and hiring practices, and day-to-day employee management. This employee will also be responsible for analyzing center operational stats and identifying and presenting patterns and trends to Center Manager and management teams. Additional responsibilities will include completing all new hire paperwork and being the liaison between center employees and the Human Resources department. The Operations Coordinator will process payroll, maintain accurate records and complete daily center administrative tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible for managing Video Interpreter schedules.
* Evaluate schedule and workflow to identify opportunities for improvement and communicate this to the VRS Regional Operations Manager and VRS Center Director/Manager.
* Provide feedback, analysis, and suggestions for call-center personnel decisions.
* Maintain accurate interpreter availability lists.
* Track requests for time off including vacation and personal leave request to ensure coverage.
* Assist in scheduling new hires for training with the VRS Center Manager/Trainer.
* Monitor schedule changes and new trainee schedules, and brief and provide documentation to VRS Center Director and Manager/Trainer regarding same..
* Communicate with the VRS Regional Operations Manager and Center Director/Manager regarding call-center employee issues, efficiencies, and other ideas and recommendations.
* Arrange working VRS Interpreter and Trainee accommodations and transportation.
* Can be called upon to take on responsibilities of another center (on top of the one that was originally assigned) for an indefinite or extended period of time to accommodate department and regional needs.
* Other duties as assigned by the VRS Regional Operations Manager.
* Complete all HR administrative tasks including employee relations, new hire orientation paperwork and special projects.
* Analyze center operational stats -- track and accurately measure individual interpreter and center productivity, and prepare presentations and present to management teams regarding same.
* Verify payroll and correct discrepancies
* Communicate schedule changes with the VRS Center Director and Manager; resolving scheduling & payroll issues
* Must have strong verbal, problem solving and follow-up skills and ability to coordinate and perform several tasks simultaneously.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Highly organized and detail oriented.
* Ability to prepare accurate reports.
* Must be a problem solver and able to provide solutions to a variety of day to day scheduling problems.
* AA or BA preferred.
* Field experience of at least 1-2 years working as a work force scheduler, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* HR experience a plus.
* Excellent computer skills, proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and ability to learn other applications as needed.
Other General Requirements/Additional Notes
* This job requires consistent attendance and punctuality. The qualified applicant should demonstrate a history of strong attendance.
* Will be expected to be in the office at least 40 hours a week, with the exception of Vacation and or Sick time.
* Employees enjoy working indoors in an environmentally controlled setting.
* Employees spend the majority of their time sitting at a desk in a quiet, confidential environment.
* This position is full time.
* Positive attitude, team player, good interpersonal communication skills and able to work across company departments.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Sorenson Communications is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled