- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Coordinate PDA services and operational and administrative support needs;
- Answer calls from clients, Directors, and Operations Managers and assist with the dispatch, scheduling, and reporting of requested services.
- Troubleshoot emerging client service issues.
- Manage the associated workflows and assign Agents to specific assignments, as needed.
- Communicate assignment/project expectations to all parties involved.
- Collaborate with personnel and stakeholders to ensure milestones and deadlines are completed on time and within the scope of work.
- Track program results and provide reports of completed work, corrective action plans, and improvement plans.
- Send external partners self-assessments and security questionnaires using a web-based tool.
- Ensure deadlines are met for scheduling, dispatching, and audits;
- Track and report outcomes of schedules, vendor hour approval, and virtual post checking.
- Utilize scorecards to measure the activities and outcomes of the PDA program.
- Assist in the coordination of virtual and on-site post checks for agent safety.
- Monitor the status of assigned projects.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Associate's degree with relevant experience in project management or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
- Project management experience.
- Sound judgment and decision-making ability.
- Able to manage multiple tasks/projects with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Able to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Effective written and verbal skills at all levels within the organization and external client representatives.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment under multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Attentive to detail.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and the organization evolves.
- Client service focused.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting.
- Travel, as required.