The Attractions Team Member is responsible for all aspects of assigned attraction, to include safety, friendliness, cleanliness and line speed within assigned areas.
Summary of Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate ride controls/control panels in all weather conditions.
- Verbally communicate and enforce Safety rules.
- Steady Guests while entering/exiting ride vehicles during evacuations.
- Inspect safety equipment prior to use.
- React calmly and quickly in stressful/emergency situations. Physically assist Guests throughout the ride/attraction as required.
- Visually observe Guest actions during ride operations to prevent safety hazards.
- Visually ensure Guests are not adjusting safety equipment and observe actions to prevent safety hazards while on ride/attraction.
- Complete required safety paperwork on a daily basis.
- Initiate friendly interaction with Guests.
- Keep ride/attraction area clean.
- Work varying hours and at different areas when needed.
- Complete ride/attraction safety ride-a-round/walk through if/when required.
- Properly train to follow all centralized measuring guidelines.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Follow all safety standards to include reporting any violation of standards.
Management reserves the right to change and/or add to these duties at any time.
Personality and Attitude Requirements:
- Able to project Dollywood’s image by being genuinely friendly and caring and by taking pride in their work.
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined.
- Must be able to prioritize and complete work assignments on a timely basis.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality and judgment regarding privileged information.
- Must display and live out our Lead with Love principles by being: patient, kind, trusting, unselfish, truthful, forgiving, and dedicated.
- Must be willing to constantly improve.
- Must have professional appearance with good personal hygiene.
- Must promote and support a “team” work environment by cooperating and helping co-workers.
- Must adapt to changes easily.
- Must tolerate a fast-paced, hectic environment.
- Must show appreciation to others.
- Must be sensitive to the needs of our Guests and feel empowered to take action to meet their needs within company guidelines.
- Willing to work in any assigned area of Attractions and perform other functions as assigned.
Essential Functions Necessary to Perform Job Duties:
- Able to display and live out Lead with Love Qualities, strongly rooted in the Dollywood Company culture, by being: patient, kind, trusting, unselfish, truthful, forgiving, dedicated and accountable.
- Able to hear, see and speak
- Able to speak, read and write in English
- Able to smile and make eye contact to make a friendly impression when greeting guests, vendors and other employees
- Must have manual dexterity necessary to complete all job duties
- Able to sit and/or stand for long/short periods
- Able to maintain good personal hygiene
- Able to get along with other employees to work out problems and resolve conflicts
- Able to comprehend instructions and retain information
- Able to maintain dependable work attendance and flexibility with assigned work schedules including any required overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Able to be productive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Able to be flexible to handle frequent changes in priorities
- Able to prioritize tasks and complete assignments on time
- Able to operate/drive a company vehicle with valid TN driver’s license
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide with accuracy.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to communicate effectively using standard English grammar and punctuation
- Able to tolerate temperatures of 0 to 140 degrees.
- Able to work outdoors.
- Able to ride all rides/attractions, which require a physical ride through inspection.
- Able to wear all PPE as required.
- Able to tolerate all chemicals/detergents utilized in the area.
- Able to be subjected to periodic random drug screening as outlined by company policy.
- Able to remain attentive and alert at all times.
- Able to memorize written safety standards and/or scripts.
- Able to speak clearly to include the use of PA systems and two-way radios.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Must be at least 16 years of age to operate the approved attractions/positions: Rockin’ Roadway, Country Fair (with the exception of the Wonder Wheel where you will only perform the Attendant position), Lumberjack Lifts, Centralized Measuring and Dollywood Express (you will only perform the Assistant Conductor position). All other attractions/positions must be at least 18 years of age to operate.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills.
- Submit and Pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check.