Operations Engineer - (Borger, Texas, U.S.A.)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Under the direction of the Production Manager for Borger Nitrogen Operations, the Operations Engineer position is a leadership development position responsible for providing management of Nitrogen operations, and works in close coordination with maintenance and operations personnel. The position will gain extensive knowledge of plant operations, both routine and during abnormal operations. The Operations Engineer will contribute to the day-to-day operation of the Units for which he/she is responsible.
What you will do:
- Maintain a strong safety and environmental compliance focus
- Plant condition and efficiency monitoring
- Daily monitoring of the unit production and performance
- Regular monitoring of the unit performance e.g. Exchanger efficiency, catalyst activity etc
- Provide quarterly stewardship to the Production Manager
- Provide ongoing support for Operations such as trouble shooting during process upsets
- Provide input to operations regarding maintenance planning and priorities
- Provide support to the Unit Process Engineer for long range needs, capital investment plans and projects (some overlap with Unit Process Engineer)
- Gain understanding of all production costs, as well as tracking and reporting on all production losses and all production records
- Be aware of and understand unit constraints and support the development of long range debottleneck proposals
- Participate in all plant start-ups and shut-downs
- Participate in Unit PHA’s, develop CAPs to address required follow-up (this item may be shared between the Process Engineer and Operations Engineer)
- Participate in process incident investigations and assist with follow-up action items
- Develop recommendations for continuous improvement to unit performance
- Contribute in a team environment and establish work relationships with onsite and offsite functional groups to achieve results
What you will bring:
- A Bachelor's of Engineering from a recognized institution
- 10 years relevant experience, preferably in Ammonia production
- Knowledge of operating production facilities in general with specific knowledge of the site(s) personnel organization, processes, equipment, feedstock, and existing MMS elements
- Knowledge of pressure vessels, piping codes, heat exchangers, pumps, compressors and safety valves
- Must be motivated and able to work in a team environment
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran