Cambridge Engineering is seeking an experienced Process Engineer to design, integrate, and improve manufacturing systems and related processes.We want engineers who can handle dynamic work environments and who know how to think outside of the box. We rely on our engineers in manufacturing to make our products and processes to the highest of standards.
At Cambridge Engineering we understand the value of work/life balance - our family based culture embodies the need to live a full life and to grow as fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, sons and daughters. To learn more about our company values and continuous improvement culture, visit us at www.cambridge-eng.com or our Cambridge Engineering YouTube channel.
We produce high-quality products and need to do so on-time and at a low cost. We value your creativity and skill in analyzing and solving some big, meaty problems. From the beginning, you will be leading projects that matter and guiding teams that will impact the production of our products. Our manufacturing engineers help us get things done.
We Offer You
- Truly meaningful work from the beginning
- The opportunity to be on the production floor, meeting various challenges
- Mentorship, coaching, training, and guidance
- Access to world-renowned technologies
- The chance to influence the production and quality of our leading products
The Process Engineer is responsible for developing and supporting production lines for product assembly and testing, assuring product quality through repeatable and sustainable manufacturing processes, and implementing improvements to support Manufacturing and Quality goals.
Technical Support: Collaborate with operations to understand their needs. Troubleshoot and respond to Andon calls for assigned area of responsibility, identifying root cause and implementing corrective actions to prevent future recurrences.
Mechanical Engineering & Design:Utilize 3D software to design, develop and manufacture HVAC products. Assist with the transition from design into production, including any necessary testing and training required for implementing new or changed design. Review, along with purchasing personnel, the selection and specification of purchased component parts for product or quality enhancements.
Lean Manufacturing: Relentless pursuit of continuous improvement and eliminating waste in all areas. Work with internal customers to improve product and process. Facilitate lean activities and Kaizen events. Follow our lean principles - see waste, eliminate waste, and make a video.
- BS/BA in Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred
- 5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in target industries. Familiarity with HVAC equipment, refrigeration systems and HVAC controls is preferred.
- Must be experienced in mechanical, electrical or gas appliance design for manufacturability.
- Implement various lean manufacturing concepts including 5S, Kaizen, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping, Setup Reduction, Mistake-Proofing, and TPM
- Must be experienced with assembly principles and concepts. Able to analyze sheet metal designs to improve labor and material utilization, to analyze assembly processes and relative costs and analyze and recommend new equipment/processes to improve throughput.
- Must be experienced in 3D modeling software to design mechanical systems and sheet metal components. (SolidWorks, AutoCad, or DraftSight)
- Familiarity with Epicor 10 a plus.
- Familiarity with Scrum/Agile methodology a plus.
- Must be enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
- Must possess superior analytical skills and ability to disseminate large amounts of information accurately with tremendous attention to detail.
- Results oriented with a high level of integrity and character.