Bimba is part of IMI Precision Engineering. Bimba is a forward-thinking innovator providing industry-leading pneumatic, hydraulic, and electric motion solutions that are easy to use, reliable and ready for all engineering solutions. Bimba markets an extensive line of industry-leading products including pneumatic, hydraulic, and electric actuators; valves; fittings; vacuum products; air preparation and a variety of safety and production solutions. In addition to its broad line of standard catalog products, the company’s business develops many custom and semi-custom products designed for specific customers and applications. These products, used in machinery and automation, are sold to original equipment manufacturers and end-users throughout the world in an expanding variety of industries.
The Operations Excellence Manager will oversee the manufacturing process within the established standards and guidelines, aligning with established goals to produce the highest quality, lowest cost product in a safe and clean environment using lean manufacturing principles. This role will drive continuous improvement by selecting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining personnel; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; providing educational and growth opportunities, and promoting a team environment.
- Act as a change agent and create a culture of engagement through the development of teams who can operate efficiently, effectively, productively, and cost effectively.
- Implement process optimization, problem solving, cross-training, leadership skills, productivity, etc.
- Drive company performance standards (on-time delivery, quality, lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, housekeeping and work ethic).
- Serve customer’s needs through effective/efficient utilization of resources. Drive material flow and efficiency improvement, driving process improvement as shown in improved level of operating standards and on-time delivery.
- Implement standard work process, including training plans and sustain optimal staff utilization across the organization.
- Act as contributing member of the Leadership Team through providing perspectives on business plans, profitability improvements, and policies and procedures.
- Develop expense budgets, capital budgets, operating plan metrics and develop methods to track and execute for adherence and accountability to the financial plans.
- Provide operational/manufacturing support to the new product development process, and utilizing the methods of Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP). Monitor and review manufacturing operations to ensure correct quality standards.
- Assist in development and implementation of product and process improvement projects (such as Value Engineering – VAVE) to drive margin improvement, in all areas of manufacturing, and in support of the overall strategic business objectives.
- Responsible for evaluating the performance of all team members and developing improvement plans, where necessary.
- Ensure all recruitment and employment is carried out in accordance to company procedure in compliance with current employment law. Develop and monitor performance standards.
- Promote & maintain awareness and compliance with HSE standards in accordance with Company standards and legal requirements.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in (B.A. or B.S.) from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Logistics Management, or equivalent required – MBA a plus.
- Minimum 8 years of manufacturing operations management experience required.
Skills and Competencies
- Proven skills in driving process improvements through the use of LEAN manufacturing and continuous tools such as Value Stream Mapping, Statistical Process Control, 5S programs, Set-Up Reduction and Total Preventative Maintenance.
- Are responsible for the Health Safety and Welfare of themselves, the environment and other people.
- Must comply with all relevant HS&E training and instructions.
- Must help to maintain a 'safe' & 'clean' working environment.
- Must use & keep clean any PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) provided by the company.
- Must report any accidents, incidents, and near misses to supervisor or manager.
- Must bring any dangerous / potentially dangerous situations / practices to the attention of supervisor / manager and affected others.
- Has ultimate HS&E responsibility for the organization
- Is responsible for the Health Safety and Welfare of their employees, the environment and other people
- Is responsible for HS&E review as the first point on executive meeting agenda.
- Is responsible for reviewing resource allocation to meet HS&E requirements (including legal) and objectives.
- The Essential Functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this particular job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignment and/or make reasonable accommodation so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions required. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
Computers and Technology
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Experience in MRP systems, Epicore preferred.
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Manufacturing environment involves frequent standing, sitting, and walking. Daily administrative tasks require frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.