|Operations Finance Analyst|
Contract to Hire
- This position is principally responsible for containment and controls and cost and financial analysis for Operations.
- Duties include but are not limited to inventory reconciliations and analysis, general accounting, cost accounting, sales order/bill of material audits & analysis, expense budgets, Sales and COGS recognition, and profit margin analysis.
- This position works closely with Operations to understand cost issues and cost impact to the financial results by finding, describing, and communicating cost drivers and variances.
- The position ensures the accuracy and integrity of the financial systems (Deltek Time and Expense, Costpoint, etc.), information gathering and reporting, and adherence to division/corporate policies and procedures.
- The position will support month-end close and supports special projects as requested.
- Day to day tasking will come from Operations with policy and procedure guidance from Finance.
- Prepare, analyze and report weekly, monthly, quarterly gross margin analysis
- Participate and contribute to the division month-end closing, prepare journal entries as necessary, analyze inventory evaluation, inventory roll forward
- Assist in compliance with internal processes and procedures governed by Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Analyze cost accounting data and assist with cycle count and physical inventories
- Maintain internal control documentation and support testing of internal controls
- Prepare detailed account analysis and reconcile sales, cost and inventory and liability accounts
- Review and analyze inventory and profit margin reports, conduct research and perform analytical studies in regards to cost analyses and profitability
- Support and assist Accounting reporting requirements such as audit schedules, tax schedules, Revenue breakdown (i.e., by State, Customer, Type, etc.), and other key deliverables as assigned
- Ensure timely submission, accuracy and validity of inquiries surrounding inventory, budget, and gross margin schedules to operations management
- Analyze actuals results with an in-depth view at labor, material, ODC and indirect costs, and variances, between actual cost, standard cost and budgeted cost, reporting this information as needed
- Interact with improvement teams to evaluate and validate process improvement actions for budget savings and/or cost avoidance
- Support the Product and Product Services quoting new businesses opportunities with appropriate accounting insight for simulations and estimates
- Work to resolve transactional issues that arise in the areas of shipping orders, invoicing orders, and reconciling of sales orders and project accounts
- Coordinate with IT as required to address system issues and improvements optimize efficiencies for operations cost and financial analysis