Overview & Essential Job Functions
Material Recovery Lead oversees the daily operations of the MRF to ensure the highest standards of safety and operations are followed in order to ensure safety, and improve quality of production.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists supervisor with any necessary paperwork and is responsible for the operation of site during supervisor’s absence.
- Ensure efficient and safe operation of the MRF.
- Ensure the cleanliness of facility.
- Engage employees to create a safe, energetic work environment through feedback and recognition. Enforce Athens Services safety rules and regulations. Reports any unsafe situations to direct supervisor.
- Assists with preparation of weekly schedules.
- Assists with training and evaluation of site personnel Ensure new employees are trained on general policies, and proper use of assigned equipment.
- Ensure product quality standards are met.
- Will handle special projects and other related management duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Environmental Demands
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 1 year of operations experience.
- Knowledge of OSHA, and other related state and federal regulations.
- Must have demonstrated leadership, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Able to effectively communicate with people.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Bilingual (Spanish & English).
- Waste Industry Experience
- Seeing, hearing, & smelling continuously.
- Problem solving, oral/written communication, analytical ability, organization, concentration, working with interruptions & interpersonal abilities continuously.
- Eye/hand coordination continuously.
- Climbing (Stairs/Ladders), standing, walking, fingering (typing), handling (holding), & calculating frequently.
- Balancing, bending, crouching, kneeling, pushing, reaching, sitting, wrist motion occasionally.
- Exposure to dust, smoke, fumes, odors, noise, grease, oil, hot/cold temperatures, vibration, & unprotected heights continuously.
- Exposure to electrical hazards, chemicals, standing on concrete, and uneven or slippery surfaces occasionally.
Works inside & outside.
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefit package Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Career plan
- Recognition programs
- Professional development learning
- An exceptional work environment
Athens will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and any other applicable state, federal or local laws. EEO/M/F/disability/veteran