Hungryroot is an online grocery service that delivers modern, healthy food with recipe and meal planning support. Hungryroot's mission is to help people feel their best by making it easier to shop for, cook, and love healthy food. In addition to offering a curated selection of modern brands, Hungryroot develops its own in-house line of innovative healthy products—like Black Bean Brownie Batter—and is challenging the traditional CPG model by building a customer-driven innovation platform to push outdated American grocery offerings into the 21st century.
About the opportunity
We're looking for an ambitious, detail-oriented Operations and Logistics Analyst who is looking for a challenging position in a fast-paced, start-up environment. In this role, your responsibilities will span numerous functions with a special focus on driving continuous improvement and day-to-day execution across our three fulfillment partners. Our fulfillment partners are located in Maryland, Indiana and California and are responsible for warehousing, picking, packing and shipping our food products to our customers - you will be responsible for understanding, reporting on and continually improving each of these processes. The ideal candidate has a strong analytical aptitude with the ability to build relationships and drive operational results.
You will be joining an Operations team responsible for our sourcing, supply chain, culinary and customer care functions. We all fit within Hungryroot's overall team of 50 motivated, smart and kind teammates.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Apply best practices from other sites or past experience to improve fulfillment productivity and quality
- Create dashboards, metrics, and KPIs to monitor and drive FC performance
- Develop SOPs and training to ensure consistent day-to-day execution
- Lead continuous improvement projects that cut across the broader operations team
- Convert and share business forecasts into fulfillment center and carrier level forecasts
- Analyze weekly carrier spend and performance to identify opportunities around improving on-time delivery and cost
- Ensure compliance of food quality and safety programs including GMP & HACCP.
- Work directly with FC production managers to act as liaison for Hungryroot's Food Safety and Supply Chain team.
- 2-6 years operations experience, ideally in a direct-to-consumer shipping environment; start-up experience a plus
- 15% travel to our fulfillment centers in Maryland, Indiana and California
- Bachelor's Degree required - industrial engineering or supply chain management a plus
- Expertise in Excel and Google Sheets; comfortable learning new systems
- Experience in driving continuous improvement initiatives is a plus
- Lean six sigma experience is a plus
- Ability to use data and reports to identify problems and develop solutions.
- Detail oriented and able to meet timelines
- Willingness to dive in with a no-task-is-too-small attitude
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to work both independently and in team settings
- Strong organizational skills
- A clear communicator with solid written and oral communications
- A motivated, positive, proactive and transparent attitude
- Based at our Manhattan Office, just south of Madison Square Park (note, we are currently working remotely)
- Reports to our Supply Chain and Fulfillment leader
- Competitive compensation + subsidized health benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Monthly Hungryroot credit
- Universal paid parental leave
- A working environment filled with passionate, happy, smart people
Hungryroot is built on the values of being proactive, positive, and transparent in all that we do. Our mission to help make healthy eating easy, accessible, and joyful is better served by a diverse workplace.
We are a proud Equal Opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive workplace. We have zero tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.