The Operations and Logistics Managerwill oversee the associated business relationships involved with managing the operational execution of inbound and outbound transportation, warehousing and order fulfillment functions while establishing performance metrics and associated performance targets. Most importantly, this manager is responsiblefor on time and accurate delivery of our products to our customers, and meeting customer requirements. Responsibilities include overseeing 3PL partner, purchase forecasting, customer order management and delivery of inventory from our suppliers to the warehouse. This manager will also work closely with the sales and finance teams to support their work requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversite of 3PL partner to ensure customer orders are delivered on time, accurately and per specifications of the customer
- Oversee inventory purchase forecasting to ensure products are available for customer needs
- Oversite of physical inventory security and quality
- Insure that 3PL inventory records are reconciled to company inventory records
- Oversite of shipping arraignments through 3PL partner
- Manage the inventory forecasting using sales forecasts, sales history and knowledge of vendor capabilities to maintain optimal inventory levels
- Oversee systematic customer order management from EDI and other sources
- Maintain relationships with suppliers, and provide them with up to date forecasting reports
- Closely monitor all inventory levels to identify underperforming areas and suggest solutions to optimize our inventory position
- Track delivery of inventory to our warehouse and to our customers to ensure all inventory is accounted for in route, and if needed partner to resolve customer and supplier delivery discrepancies
- Manage “Value Added Services” processes with 3rd Party warehouse to ensure accurate and timely processing of incoming inventory.
- Provide weekly Inventory Reporting to support Sales and Marketing Teams.
- Price List and/or item updates provided to warehouse partners regularly.
- Maintain knowledge of customer compliance requirements in relation to product specifications and shipping.
- Attend compliance meetings with key customers to improve performance metrics and understand routing requirements
- Maintain and monitor on a monthly basis a set of supply chain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). KPIs to include warehouse costs, freight costs, order fulfillment (fill rate, on-time delivery, and shipping errors), outbound shipment data, and inbound shipment data. Review raw data for trends and deficiencies and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Assist other department teams with set-up of new customers and/or potential new business bids by providing information pertaining to lead time, product dimensions, and understanding customer shelf-life requirements, and a review of any routing guide information to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Develop processes and process documents that increase the team’s efficiency and effectiveness in day to day tasks and communication. Drive process improvement.
- File claims with carriers for lost product and advise Finance of any potential credits.
- Manage the resolution of lost shipments and damages with both the customers the company finance team so that matching customer credits and inventory adjustments are made.
- Manage operations team, as well as training managed and non-managed employees
- Communicate with executive team through standardized reporting and open lines for problem resolution
- Minimum -3-8 years of relevant logistics and operations experience in a consumer goods environment
- BA/BS in relevant field
- Demonstrated organizational, change management, and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage team members to those priorities with the most strategic value for the organization
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team but have the knowledge to work independently on accurate planning and forecasting
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present data findings
- Location: Parker, CO
- Ability to travel 20%
The above and attached statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. Estimated percentages may vary considerably at times. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.