Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Technician IV- Operations and Logistics
What you’ll do:
- Role tasks may include cleaning, parts/materials preparation, mechanical /electrical assembly, polymerics processing, manual soldering, adhesive/bonding and masking operations.
- Apply an advanced level of knowledge and skills in hardware assembly & manufacturing operations.
- Duties and tasks are varied and moderate in complexity.
- Apply an advanced competency in use of hand tools, assembly tooling and general manufacturing equipment.
- Must complete certification training and maintain required certifications as required.
- Apply solid computer skills to access & input data via computer interface or automated equipment.
- Utilize reading and comprehension skills to follow documented build instruction and/or suggest revision to existing instruction.
- May inspect or verify work of lower level technicians.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 8 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 6 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A good mechanical aptitude, with good dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent manual soldering skills that are compliant per J-STD-001 Class 3.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be a self-starter, ambitious and a conscientious individual. Work will typically be inspected for completeness and accuracy.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance or government customer access to classified/sensitive material. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance or government customer access within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. *US Citizenship is Required. By applying to this position you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire, if one is required, to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AERO: Most Wanted
Job Classified as Standard Max - $3,000 Referral Fee