Job Opening ID:00331650 Operations Management Trainee (Evergreen) (Open)
Job Title:Operations Management Trainee
Country:United States of America
Full/Part Time:Full time
Job Summary:Under general supervision, this position is responsible for learning the management of small driver count and/or non-traditional shifts (including nights and weekends), ensuring safe and timely service movement of freight, load assignment and providing best in class customer service. This position will be trained to ensure compliance with DOT regulations. They are responsible for all drivers compliance and company regulations while working with internal and external contacts to ensure the accurate planning, routing, monitoring, and delivery of freight and loads
What does a Manager Trainee do?
As a manager trainee we will provide you with training and on the job experience so that in 3-6 months you will be ready to step into a full leadership role at a customer’s account. You will have the ability to make important decisions that have a direct impact on the business and will help you grow in your professional career. It won’t be easy and you will be challenged along the way, but we will be right there with you to offer guidance and support.
Here’s what your day will look like:
- You will work with your customers to understand and deliver the customer value proposition that we promised our customers as you manage the execution of their transportation needs.
- You will lead and retain a group of company drivers to fulfill the needs of the customer and maximize productivity
- Understand and monitor compliance with safety and DOT regulations
- Full management responsibility over all equipment assigned to your account.
- Look for opportunities to increase the efficiency of the account. Example: If most of your equipment is empty on the way back to your account then it is not making money. You can look for opportunities with other transportation partners (internal and external) to fill the backhauls.
What will you get in return, you ask?
- Base salary and bonus potential after completion of the training program. Bonus is based on overall performance and profitability of the assigned account.
- Experience working for the largest Dedicated Transportation provider. That’s not all. We are looking to double in size in the next 5 years. That means more opportunities for you.
So, do you have what it takes?
- Must be a self starter and self -driven
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Ability to build solid relationships with customers and drivers
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to relocate within the Northeast Region (MD, DE, PA, NJ, NY, MA, CT, RI, VT, NH, ME). That means, after training you will run the day to day operations with your team at an assigned account within the region.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours during training. This isn’t a 8-5 job, you’re managing a business.
- College degree OR 3 years of supervisory experience OR Military Non Commissioned Officer, minimum E4
Education:Bachelors: Business Administration/Management, Bachelors: Business Communications, GED (Required), High School (Required)
Work Experience:Management-Entry Level, Transportation/Logistics
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”