Operations Manager – Emergency Medical Services (EMS) – Orlando
AdventHealth Orlando seeks to hire Operations Manager who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando, serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America. AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country. We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year.
The EMS department is a hospital-based State of Florida approved ambulance provider. EMS provides intra-facility emergent and non-emergent transport for the patients of AdventHealth’s seven campuses within a 2800 square mile tri-county area. The EMS’ department operates critical care, advance and basic life support, and specialty transport ambulances. EMS mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ ensuring continuity of patient care by providing the highest level of care to patients requiring medical transport within the AdventHealth system.
Monday – Friday 8a – 5p
The EMS Operations Manager is directly responsible for the continual operation of EMS. Utilizes critical thinking skills, creativity, and knowledge to manage resources to achieve quality performance, positive employee relations and compliance with hospital guidelines. Acts as a change agent and is responsible for implementing any changes that the department is required to undergo. Ensures transports are performed in a timely, efficient and safe manner. Represents the departments at hospital committee, department, State and professional meetings. Works closely with the Medical Director in chart reviews and medical direction of the team. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Knowledge of Human Resource and financial management
- Ability to lead Performance Improvement initiatives
- Ability to coach, motivate, mentor, and lead a professional team
- Ability to think critically and utilize technology in relation to the operations of the unit and delivery of patient care
- Knowledge of leadership and clinical practice application
- Communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to act as a role model of professionalism
- Computer skills with proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Associate Degree in Emergency Services or related discipline
- Three to Five years of patient transport experience
- Computer skills with proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in a Healthcare related field, EMS, or Business-related field (Preferred)
- Three years of business, supervisory, or management experience (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Valid license in the State of Florida as Paramedic
- Valid ACLS/PALS/NRP certification
- Valid Class D or Class E Florida Driver’s License and driving record in accordance with AdventHealth Policy
- Certified Medical Transport Executive (CMTE) (Preferred)
- Instructor Certification (ACLS/PALS) (Preferred)
- Critical Care Paramedic Certification (Preferred)
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s Core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own it as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
- Monitors staff performance and takes corrective action for improvement as appropriate. Uses independent judgement to assure diversity of staff is positively fostered in the work environment. Actively involves all groups in shared decision-making where appropriate. Ensures a “ready state” environment is maintained for State inspections.
- Understands health care economics, public policy, and finance as it pertains to the delivery of patient care. Develops, analyzes, and interprets unit-department based budgeting. Maintains staffing and scheduling and resource utilization within budgeted targets for the department.
- Utilizes familiarity with the performance improvement to set quality standards and initiatives for the department through collaboration with leadership. Is actively involved in all aspects of patient safety in the department including but not limited to sentinel event monitoring and reporting, Conducts Root Cause Analysis, DNV requirements, incident reporting, medication safety policies/procedures, and assures workplace safety for employees.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills in the performance of their duties. Utilizes an understanding of technology used in the organization by employing strong problem solving, critical thinking skills. Appropriately integrates and leverages technology to improve patient care outcomes.
- Provides management and leadership for the effective and efficient operation of the department. Assures clinical practice is of the highest quality by mentoring EMS Supervisors and high potential employees, setting clear expectations in the delivery of clinical practice and establishing and maintaining a communication plan that disseminates key messages and decisions to all involved in the care of the patient.
- Utilizes relationship building skills to influence behaviors in the department. Actively listens, provides feedback, and inquires and validates by communicating with others. Facilitates effective groups for the delivery of care and for collaborating with other disciplines.
- Utilizes a professional persona by acting as a role model for professional behavior and professional appearance and is involved in at least one professional organization. Maintains own competency levels in relation to position.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Operations Manager opportunity with AdventHealth Orlando and apply online today.
EMS, Paramedic, Orlando