Operations Manager–Specialty Chemical Industry
SalaryUp To $130,000 + Bonus, Benefits & Paid Relocationto the Southern USA
Growing client with increasing sales is looking for a talented & business savvy Production Manager for their specialty chemical facility. You main focus will be to provide daily operational leadership of supervisors and engineers. You’ll drive improvements, promote safety, and help improve quality & output.
To lead & drive theimplementation of good manufacturing practices, improve reliability, and ensure safe work practices, you’ll need at least 10 years of experience inoperations management and technical support for Specialty and Fine Chemicals facility. Youmust have strong PSM & environmental regulations knowledge. You’ll need excellent interpersonal skills as you’ll regularly work with all areas of the plant includingsupervisors, area process supervisors, chemical operators, Quality Control, Maintenance, R&D and staff support personnel. You’ll report directly to the Plant Manger & have at least 15 direct reports. Prior leadership in a Union facility is highly desired.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Manage daily production and yields reporting, cost control, and the development of standard operating procedures & annual departmental budget
- Lead, develop and implement improvements and cost reductions for projects after identifying opportunities to optimize operating efficiencies
- Ensure all operators have needed training to increase their technical operational abilities
- Work with R&D and Pilot Plant Groups to support introductions of new products.
Salaryrange is $120,000 - $130,000 PLUSBonuses & Excellent Big Company Benefits & Generous Paid Relocation Programs to a Southern USA metroarea. Charming neighborhoods give the city a small town feel, but you have all the amenities of the Big City with restaurants, events, festivals, art exhibits, & museums from the traditional to the funky. There is great shopping & eating – from groovy little cafes to microbreweries. Several professional & college teams will feed your sports need. There are great neighborhoods, historical places, museums, theaters, and daily live music happening somewhere. Enjoy the parks & landmarks & other wonderful outdoor spaces. The quieter ‘burbs offer excellent housing locations with access to successful public & private schools. You can live your life completely in the burbs or even go a bit further into the country & nestle in a treed lot. Travel into the metro for work. So much to do in this great area that the entire family will be happy.
Requirements for this Operations Manager role:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Chemistry preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a Specialty Chemical Manufacturing, with minimum 5 years in a Management role
- Working knowledge of EHS practice for chemical manufacturing including PSM and MOC
- Experience in process design and improvement in both batch and continuous operations
- Experience with designing and installing small and medium sized capital projects
- Demonstrated ability in developing operational budgets and financial targets
- Experience writing technical reports to include developing and updating SOPs
- Experience with process troubleshooting and debottlenecking.
TO APPLY: Email resumes to email@example.comOR teriATaustinallenDOTcom in MS Word or PDF (please remove the capital letters and replace with proper symbols). **Resumes sent with a link to an online resume or a video resume will not be considered. ** All Interview, relocation, & fee expenses paid by companies. Excellent compensation packages, benefits, perks, and generous relocation packages.
Some Facts You Should Know About Austin-Allen Company...
*Successfully recruiting professionals since 1973.
*One of the most successful firms in the U.S. We consistently rank in the top percentile of a large national network of Technical Recruiters.
*Many of our staff are national award winning consultants with years’ experience and are C.P.C.’s (Certified Personnel Consultants).
Areas of Specialization...
* Engineering * Six Sigma Black Belts* Accounting * Distribution * Human Resources
* Materials / Purchasing * Quality Engineers & Managers * Manufacturing Management
Stay current with our blog at www.austinallen.com/blog/
Bonus, Benefits & Paid Relocation to the Southern USA