At Johnsonville, we use our business to build our people. If you're passionate about making a difference, we want you to help make our products, our processes, our communities and each other better. Wisconsin-based Johnsonville is the No. 1 national sausage brand enjoyed in 45 countries. Founded in 1945 by the late Ralph F. and Alice Stayer, our company is 2,000 members strong and remains privately owned today. Come join our family-owned company!
Operations Manager – Holton, Kansas
Johnsonville, LLC, a strong-growing company, has an opportunity in Holton, Kansas for a results-oriented, innovative facility operations leader to help Johnsonville become the Best Company in the World. The person in this position will coach, lead and guide the members of the operations team to develop their God given talents and deliver great business results.
This leadership role is perfect for an individual with a track record of improving and expanding the scope of their responsibilities, has desire to continueto grow and challenge themselves and other members, and has passion and drive to build a “Best in the World” culture of safety, member involvement and ownership, continuous learning, product superiority, and continuous improvement. The Operations Manager has the responsibility ofdirecting and driving the planning, organizing, budgeting, and overall control of all operations’ activities to meet or exceed company goals in member development, safety, quality, environmental, and cost of goods manufactured.
- Facilitate and drive all operations’ activities to meet or exceed company goals in member development, safety, quality, environmental, and cost of goods manufactured.
- Lead a Continuous Improvement legacy ensuring all members own and have the tools to improve their daily business results of safety, quality, cost and service.
- Lead the development and implementation of strategic initiatives within your areas of responsibility.
- Lead efforts to create and sustain readiness pipelines within your areas of responsibility.
- Create and sustain an environment that ensures member involvement and implementation of programs, ideas, and guidelines.
- Develop and sustain relationships with teams from outside the facility (such as R&D, Engineering and other facilities).
- Develop, monitor and implement a budget and capital plan for business activities for your areas of responsibility.
- Develop, lead and manage capital projects within your areas of responsibility.
- Lead new products and new technology projects.
- Promote and instill a culture of personal learning and professional development that will ensure the successful development of all Members within the business.
Bachelor’s and/or graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a manufacturing leadership/coaching role with demonstrated ability in developing Members to greater levels of responsibility
- Food industry and animal harvest experience is preferred
- Experience in strategic planning and continuous improvement methodologies preferred
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen.
- Demonstrated communication and listening skills.
- Commitment to personal growth.
- Demonstrated ability to develop others to higher levels of responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to lead by example and involve others in the decision-making process.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and be flexible by adjusting priorities.
- Proven ability to “widen the circle of engagement” and ownership.
- Proven ability to innovate and take calculated risks.
- Demonstrated ability to act as a change agent and effect change.
- Demonstrated drive to achieve results.
- Learning agility.
- Bi-Lingual ability in English/Spanish preferred.
Posting Date: April 11, 2019
Coach for this position: Jay VanLeeuwen
Travel: up to 5-10%
Location: Holton, Kansas
Member Status: Fulltime, Salaried
Reason for Posting: Internal Promotion
We value the diversity of our workforce and we embrace the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment.M/F/Vet/Disability
Johnsonville values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.