Our client is hiring an Operations Manager. Interested candidates should have at least a bachelor’s degree or technical equivalent with at least 6 years of experience including leadership experience is strongly preferred.
Responsibilities of the Operations Manager
- Supervise the manufacturing processes such as metal stamping, the shift production supervisors and the machine operators with a total of 25 to 30 indirect and direct reports
- Serve as a senior technical liaison and customer interface for the advanced manufacturing group
- In conjunction with executive leadership, incorporate lean manufacturing methodologies such as one piece flow, workcell development and Toyota Production System methodologies on the shop floor
- Apply your working knowledge of the metal stamping processes that use Blank-through, Chop-off and Parting progressive dies on 2 Post, 4 Post, Bilher's, Bruderer's, Denison C frame, AIDA, OBI Open Back Inclinable, Transfer Presses, Verson's and other metal stamping press brands to lead the shop floor with productivity, quality and yield improvements
- Be accountable to senior level management with updates for the plans to improve productivity, yield, quality and throughput from an Operations Management perspective
Requirements of the Operations Manager
- Bachelor’s degree is a plus but not required
- At least six years of operations management leadership experience within an automotive metal fabrication and stamping environment is strongly preferred
- A working familiarity of OSHA and the EPA as it pertains to new equipment procurement including proper machine guarding parameters
- MS Office proficiency is required including MS Excel is a strong plus
Compensation for the Operations Manager
The targeted annual starting salary for this position ranges from $75,000.00 to $95,000.00 depending on experience.