The position is primarily responsible for driving employee productivity, operational efficiency, customer service levels, employee retention and satisfaction by overseeing and managing operations within the product line.
• Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
• Translates customer requirements into state-of-the-art production strategies and processes resulting in cost- effective processing and the profitable manufacture of company products.
• Assists in developing operations-related plans, budgets, and policies and procedures.
• Supervises employees, monitors activities and satisfies reporting requirements in accordance with Company's policies.
• Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers by addressing issues, questions or concerns in a timely manner
• Responds to and maintains positive employer-employee relationships that contribute to satisfactory productivity, motivation and morale
• Prevents and resolves problems involving individuals which arise out of or affect work situations
• Motivates employees and builds effective teams
• Responsible for attainment of revenue and profit goals for the area
• Ensures adherence to budget and optimizes processes to achieve greater operational effectiveness
• Contributes to departmental cost control
• Monitors operational effectiveness through analysis of Key Performance Indicators
• Communicates and promotes safety, compliance and environmental requirements in alignment with Company standards
• Ensures quality through evaluation of the production process, material inputs and outputs. Partners with support functions to ensure that highest quality product is being delivered.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: Bachelor's/Undergraduate Degree with 7 years of relevant experience or High School Diploma/GED with 10 years of relevant experience.
Additional Education Preferred: Master's/Graduate Degree MBA
Field of Study Preferred: Operations Management, Business, Civil Engineering or other related discipline or equivalent experience
Required Work Experience: Minimum of 7 years of operations/production-related management experience in the construction materials, or a related industry or 10 years of relevant experience with High School Diploma/GED.
Required Training/Certifications: Licenses Preferred:
Required Computer and Software Skills: Proficiency in Google mail, Proficiency in Microsoft Suite to include PowerPoint, Excel and Word
Travel Requirements: Frequent local travel to plants for which responsible. 20% Other
• Excellent people skills and strong potential for leadership development
• Ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and deal effectively with people using a facilitative approach
• Intermediate computer skills using Microsoft Office applications
• Excellent communication/leadership skills
• Strong understanding of financials and performance metrics
• Strong knowledge of and understanding related to company products, processes and equipment
Internal controls providing reasonable assurance of effective and efficient operations, including actions to prevent and detect fraud and protect Company resources
• Implements OH&S Mission: Ensures alignment of OH&S activities arising from OpCo OH&S mission
• Ensures adequate OH&S organization: Ensures relevant actions are taken so that OH&S requirements are met
• Identifies Hazards & Control Risks: Actively manages risks by ensuring that all related control activities are implemented thoroughly
• Manages Incidents: Drives committed and effective incident management
• Execute and monitor all respective internal controls, ensuring efficient/effective activities that support organizational objectives, while adhering to applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures