Imagine ...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Operations Manager leads manufacturing operations of 2 business units (Bakery and Crackers) in a 24/7 facility. Oversees the work activities of salaried employees; delivers bottom-line business results in the areas of employee safety, food safety, product quality, cost management, operations performance improvement, change leadership, and employee development. Drives attainment of business objectives and co-leads strategy development for the Operations function. Active leader in the continuous improvement process; identifies process improvement needs and guides team to improve bottom-line results and enhance the Company's competitive position. Develops the capabilities and competencies of employees through ongoing training, coaching, and mentoring; promotes employee engagement, empowerment, and teamwork. The Operations Manager ensures full compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations, as well as Company policies and standards related to safety, quality, and workplace conduct.
Establishes production standards, develops budget and cost controls, and subscribes to product quality, food safety, and conformance to specification programs for all products manufactured and packaged by the Bakery and Cracker business units at the facility. Ensures all employee safety, manufacturing and overhead cost, food safety, and product quality objectives are met. Provides guidance to the development of manufacturing process plans for products, including personnel requirements, material needs, subcontract requirements, facility needs, and tooling and equipment needs. Coordinates manufacturing activities with all other functions of the organization and suppliers to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment. Serves as a key leader in identifying waste reduction / cost savings opportunities, maintaining high levels of efficient production, and exceeding food safety and product quality standards. Develops and implements effective communication plans to keep Plant Management, Corporate, and direct / indirect reports well-informed regarding business objectives, priorities, results, initiatives, changes, etc. Provides input to the development of product strategy and research and development of new and emerging products. Ensures all team members are aware of and comply with company, government, and customer policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Has 24-hour accountability for Bakery and Cracker manufacturing operations; must be available round-the-clock to provide guidance and direction to address any issues that impact the facility / operation / company.
- Responsible for the daily management of Bakery and Cracker manufacturing operations, as well as for strategic planning, budgeting, enabler / continuous improvement identification and execution, capital projects, etc.
- Must possess the ability to overcome resistance to organizational change, influencing others, and leading the change initiative.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize based on business needs.
- Must develop and maintain rapport with employees at all levels of the Campbell Soup / Campbell Snacks / Pepperidge Farm organizations to drive results. Must interface effectively with multiple departments / functions in the plant, as well as Corporate Senior Management.
- Availability to consult and collaborate with other plants within the region or network to achieve better results for the over all business.
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a business or technical field. Education Preferred: Masters / MBA
- Years of relevant experience: Minimum of ten (10) years manufacturing management experience in a consumer packaged goods industry. Minimum of five (5) years in middle to senior level management role at a plant level.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Cross-functional operations experience with a proven track record of delivering successful business results in the areas of operations management, employee safety, food safety, product quality, continuous improvement, and cost management and improvement.
- Previous experience leading, managing, and developing salaried employees in a manufacturing environment.
- Well-developed knowledge of OSHA standards, HACCP guidelines, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), etc.
- Ongoing passion to identify continuous improvement opportunities and lead initiatives to deliver bottom-line results. Must be a change agent.
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving, and decision making skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written). Must possess strong training / facilitation skills.
- Computer proficiency in Windows-based software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Previous experience working in a Lean manufacturing environment employing Six Sigma concepts preferred.
- Continuous Improvement/Lean or similar certifications preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Possess a "hand's on"/lead by example type personality.
- Drive for results.
The working environment includes both office and plant floor settings. Exposure to industrial noise, forklift traffic, moving mechanical parts, and temperature extremes occurs in operating areas of the plant. Wearing of proper PPE and plant radios is necessary.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.